je 706 piston kit with bs34 carbs tuning what jets are you running?

redefinecycles

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want jets are you using with bs34 with 706 piston kit. I have 145 main and 45 and seems to be lean?? Keeps die seat there??? With 3 turn on the air/fuel mix. Thanks

When I ran the BS34 carbs on my 750 motor I ran a 45 pilot and 137.5 main. Your 145 main seem like you would be running rich not lean. What makes you think your lean.

Got to give more info????
Stock Pipes OPEN Pipes Stock air filter Pods????
IGNITION???
I have had some run good as low as 135 main and others as big as 152 main
When you increase jets do it in three jumps not half steps then tune up or down.
EXAMPLE Start at 125 then go to 130 then up to 135 Going from 125 to 127.5 is not a big step. Best way to find sweet spot is two extra plugs put jet in and go threw all the gears on a long road. Shut down top of highest gear.. Pull plug and put new one in . Now you have something to read. People make a mistake when you are trying to setup main and just do stop and go. Now you are on both low jet and high jet not going to get correct setting. Pilot is 0 to 2000 rpm main takes over past that. I have had some pilot jets go before 2000 rpm also. I use to use this method on drag bikes now I use a dyno. It takes time but works and you don't have to speed just get threw the gears and put the load on the motor.

That main is huge....

I'd be suprised if you actually needed past 140....maybe 142.5.

I can tell you my bs34 with 140 main. Cdn needle jet and xs400 5z1 needles was and absolute animal. To bad my left carb body for mix screw was so hooped. I am 3rd over on piston size.

I ride the bike all the time so it is not just a show bike and put over 1000 miles on it last year and the bike runs great and the jets I have are right on. Thanks for the info

1000 miles a year, yep a show bike. I put that much on most every weekend.
Leo

Want jets are you using with bs34 with 706 piston kit. I have 145 main and 45 and seems to be lean?? Keeps die seat there??? With 3 turn on the air/fuel mix. Thanks

I ride the bike all the time so it is not just a show bike and put over 1000 miles on it last year and the bike runs great and the jets I have are right on. Thanks for the info

O. K. :wtf: You started this thing though:wink2::thumbsup:

Unless you haven't tried them on the new 706 jugs yet:shrug:??? If so, you can only read so much online before you have to invest in a RANGE of jet sizes and spark plugs so YOU can tune it....Maybe time to think about the needles and needle jets too?

Hi Redefinecycles... I would say your starting point would be were you are now. If your lean then you need to go bigger on your main or if you have adjustable needle drop the circlip one down to richen the mix.:thumbsup:

Engine 707cc standard cylinder head rebored with Bs34s and very clean fuel tank inside
Just to answer your question I have a 117.5 main 140 air pilot 42.5 pilot and my needle is set at notch 2 from top. they are the canadian 5 and 4 bank holes with 51x11 needles
and im a little rich but i live in the uk near the sea so i do not recomend this setup unless you buy the house next door and move in :wink2:

Are your carbs set up right in the first place.:confused: float levels:thumbsup: no air leaks:thumbsup: and balanced :thumbsup:this has to be done first in all cases..:D

Theres no pont rejetting if your carbs have low fuel due to the floats are not set right.
asking for a starting point is not the way:doh: each engine is different and your location is key :)ambiant temp of where you live :)then all the mods on the bike have a changing factor.:thumbsup:

I understand why you asked for a starting piont ,,,but thats like asking how long is a piece of string:shrug: and I mean that with the greatest respect,:thumbsup:

If I was you I would read the carb section in Tech or you will waist time and money.

I have learnt that with carbs, you have to start from the begining strip them clean them replace any worn parts re-build them fit them then re jet that assuming the engine timing is right, first timming chain:yikes: then valves :eek:then timing :thumbsup:

You have to follow the processes to achive an faverable outcome thers no cutting corners in carb world ... All the best and good luck with the carbs setup :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back