Jet and some clarification

Lluber

Noob
Reaction score
Time to re-jet.. I've pulled my air box as well as put on shorty exhausts cut down my headers and heat wrapped them. I've read the carb guides a few times and Im still not 100% sure how much I need to go up on my jets. Im also baffled as to one of the jets in my carbs. Sorry if this has been covered before.

I have a 83-650 Hertiage Special.
I should have BS34mm Carbs.
I checked my jets and I have 132.5 mains and 42.5 Pilots I also have what looks like a Microphone over top of one of the jets with no numerical indicator?
full

Im thinking I need to go Up 1 size maybe 2 on the mains.. do I need to go up on the pilots too.

thanks guys, again sorry if this was covered elsewhere.

The unknown is the Float Valve seat, not a jet.
As for your specific jetting requirements.. Each bike and setup is unique, unfortunately there are no standard recipients for different mods.
Read the Carb Guide. Then read it again, again, and again. Seriously, it’s very well researched and put together.

thanks grepper..

Seems like there was info I missed the first few times as to where I was hitting stumbles, backfires and flat spots while sputtering around my neighborhood. I order +2 for mains and pilots. Happy tuning ;)

Yes, 2 up on the mains is where I would start, but only one up on the pilots.

Back