Jockey shifts

calicruiser over on chopcult has a right side jockey. I think he welded a crossover tube to his backbone.
JoshKurpiuspic.jpg

finished.
xsbobber056.jpg

the clutch"rod" is a piece of chain that i welded solid and painted. it does not use a "cammed" lock down like harley ones but it is leveraged just right so your foot wont get tired at stoplights.and the shifter is a railroad spike my buddy threw in his forge and twisted and polished.
xsbobber036.jpg

i have fine tuned this linkage since pic was taken and added neoprene washers and rubber seals.
xsbobber071.jpg

any body know if a jockey shift is legal in new jersey. a cop told me no because you have to tak your hands off handlebars

Nope they are good to go I have built 4 of them and there is no problem. So that cop doesn't know what he is talking about BECAUSE there is NO INSPECTION IN NEW JERSEY ...... I got to take my hands off handle bars to pick my nose too >>>>>

thanks, cant find nj rules regulations concerning specific things. cop told me cant take hand off handlebars, which using hand signals is taught by dmv manual... i have 72 which requires no signals, horn or speedo. how about fenders? don have any currently. legal? basically told me stay outta town and park it.

Back