For Sale - Just found this on CL.. NOT MINE WOW

holycrap, why/how the hell do you buy a motorcycle and not ride it? I guess if you bought as an investment??? put it away, then sell when it becomes a classic? regardless...I would not be able to stay off it haha Im guessing something happened? or someone has some serious dedication/patience. either way I agree...WOW!

Seems cheap, the near zero miles 83 on fleabay sold at 5K. It also depends on what "the very few issues" are. Not for me though, I like to ride bikes not just look at them.

I recall back in in the late '70's when VW announced they were going to stop building the bug in Germany, folks were buying them as investments and storeing them to sell them much later.

I meet a guy at the gas station a few years ago. He asked if I would be interested in a old bike and to come look at it. It was a 79 gs850g will 750 miles. He wanted 3k for it. He also had 2 57 chevys and a 55 with less than 10000 on them. He bought them all new and he was saving them to sell when he was older. He had them stored in a heated garage and they were all covered. I passed on the bike, thanked him for showing me his collection. Its interesting seeing what some people do for retirement.

Here is a reply I received from the seller, I asked him about rust and the exhaust:

Here you go, as far the exhaust i will start with the headers they are in EXCELLENT shape however do show MINOR pits in the chrome, going to the muffler they are in exceptional condition with absolutely no rust worth mentioning again just specs underneath which will probably polish out. The baffles in the end are in great shape with no rust. The rust that i will mention is as a result of the battery being left i the bike and leaking acid so in that area is really the only rust to speak of. This bike would be a breeze to restore. Thanks

IMG_9219.JPG

IMG_9221.JPG

IMG_9224.JPG

IMG_9225.JPG

IMG_9226.JPG

Back