just got back from my first longer ride since the rebuild (pic)

pa23driver

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Took a ride up Mission Peninsula in Traverse City, MI which is about 50 miles round trip. If anyone is ever cruising around northern northern michigan i recommend taking a trip around the grand traverse bays, some of the best riding i've ever done. happy to report the bike didn't skip a beat. i ramped her up to around 100 MPH and not a wobble, took 45 mph corners at 75 mph with no problem, bike had a very a confident feel going through the twisities - guess the fork brace, tx750 swingarm, new shocks, needle bearings and progessive fork springs helped. i was surprised how comfortable the bike was, ass barely hurt and back was in good shape all the way through the ride. the bike got a lot of looks and a compliment - really couldn't ask for a better way to spend memorial day.

got some maintenance coming though, noticed the valves got noisy towards the end of the ride and i think i need to do some more carb tuning - no pipe bluing but noticed some surging and the bike felt kinda flat in the upper mid-range. not to mention needing a washing, got oil everywhere from the chain - can't wait til my tx750 chain guard comes in the mail.

and a sample of the views in this area of michigan:

full

Thanks, so glad the bike finally runs as good as it looks, i think i finally trust it enough to go on some longer rides

Yeah It's great to see another one on the road and being enjoyed.
Great looking "roadster" too. Those commando pipes are the perfect touch.

Thanks all. the bike's not completely done, this winter i'll have some things to do like rebuild and polish the wheels and get the tank and side covers powder coated (i'll be getting some custom vinyl to recreate the "yamaha" on the tank), but for now i'm just gonna ride the snot out of it :bike:

Back