just not running right HELP!!!!

irishbobber

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
ok have a 79 xs 650 bobber i took it to a local shop to have carbs cleaned it was running real bad go them back put them on runs good idles good .........until it gets hot it starts to rev high at an idle and breaks up at bout half throttle my bike is hard tailed with a sprty tank and yes it has a breather cap any help is key thanx alot first time member

Probably not your problem, but I'd make sure it's not sucking air around the intake boots. I wonder if they changed the needle setting? Also, hardtails are also hard on carb floats. Bouncing around might let too much fuel into the bowls. Check you plugs to see if it's running too rich. Just a shot in the dark.

Are the carbs synched properly? I had a HUGE problem w/ my engine revving at stop signs etc... once it warmed up until I took the bike to a shop and had the carbs synched...

+1 start with synching the carbs A GOOD carb tech can get em VERY close by eye but on the bike running is always the final adjustment. Welcome aboard, search the tech section for how to build your own low cost carb synch device.

Back