Just want to brag a little

Perfiikt

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Well I bought an 80 650 last year and didn't get time to do anything until about 2 weeks ago. I dug all the pieces and parts up from the garage. This baby was far from road worthy. I started someone else's already started project. only reason I bought it mainly was because it had a title. I started by tearing off the rats nest of wires and Un needed components. I bought a hughs hand-built pma and a pamco ignition system. Wiring is not my strong suit so I am running kick only. Installed both systems today. Changed the oil. Checked over everything. Hooked her up to an iv of good ol unleaded fuel, kicked her over and by goly she fired right up. Unbelievable. Everything went so smooth I would have never though she would fire right away. It's been years since it was started but the guy I bought it from stored it in a heated garage with no gas in it (thank god). It's far from complete but since I heard it run I can now move on to the fun part of facing and building it to how I want it. Just wanted to brag a little bit. Thanks for reading and stay tuned :thumbsup::cheers::rock:

Back