Just wanted to introduce myself

TampaSVT

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey, guys. My name is Rich and I've been building my XS since about this time last year. Started as a stock 79' Special. Finished up the hardtail, frame painting, motor is re-installed and working on some final brake mods and suspension before I start the wiring.

The XS is really my Winter project bike. I've been building an 08' Road Star for a few years. Finally finished it up last year and to started on the XS. The Road Star turned out great and was shot for V-Twin Magazine last month. Tons of work in it. But, I'm having as much fun (if not more) building the XS.

Here's a photos of each so you can see my deal...

4576385129_795e7c2d20_z.jpg

6293366417_02f26094b9_z.jpg

Hope to get to know all of you. I know I'll learn a bunch here.

Rich

Thanks, guys.

I found that exhaust new on Ebay for $50.00 They threw in the baffles, brackets and a can of VHT Ceramic, too... I've got to shorten them up due to the rear brake lever. I'll probably black wrap them.

There are some really nice bikes here on this site. Gives me some great ideas... :)

Rich

I really dig the XS. Once again, great detail! An early stock gas tank ('70-'72) would look bitchin'...

Attachments

• street-tracker2.jpg
    street-tracker2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
You're moving in the right direction Rich!

One day you'll wake up, realize that Harleys are a waste of time, and buy a good Jap sport touring bike. :cool:

Welcome to the site. :cheers:

Hi and welcome from the UK.

If the v twin is an indication of what your XS is going to turn out like, the XS is going to be one mighty fine bike.

Welcome. Nice rides.
My father-in-law has a XV1700. Great bike. He got it stuck on him in the driveway once and had to call his wife, via cell phone, to help lift it off of him.

Thanks.
Yeah, I figured. Road Star = Yamaha / Road King = HD.
No big deal, happens all the time.
I get a lot of "Nice Harley"(even from Harley owners)... :yikes:
Rich

I stand corrected. Since it's a Jap bike, it sucks a little bit less than a Harley.

I never understood the V-twin cruiser craze. It's 1930's technology FFS!

The XS650 is STILL a more advanced of a design than most V-twins (Ducati, SV-650's and the like excepted of course).

I stand corrected. Since it's a Jap bike, it sucks a little bit less than a Harley.

I never understood the V-twin cruiser craze. It's 1930's technology FFS!

The XS650 is STILL a more advanced of a design than most V-twins (Ducati, SV-650's and the like excepted of course).

If you say so. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the welcome.

Rich

Back