K&N Pods $59 Shipped @ Amazon

I'm not familiar with Omar's recommendations, but these have been well-regarded on this board. The one's from Mike's, sold under the "XS Performance" brand, are usually considered lower-quality than the K&N's.

Also, the listing is for both filters, not just one.

Cv or constant velocity carbs require vacuum to draw the slides up and k&n style filters are so free flowing its almost like not having a filter there at all. Take a look at a stock airbox and notice the two small air inlets on each side. Using a foam pod is kind off in between the two extremes allowing more air thru without giving up the negative pressure needed to pull the slides up. Not saying that your bike will not run with k&ns just that it won't run very well. I've been riding and racing these bikes as have a lot of my competition for a very very long time. So we have figured out the does and fonts of what filters to use with what carbs.

Would you recommend the foam Unifilters then found on Mikes? Will that provide enough back pressure to run the early B38's?

Thanks,

Nick

I meant 650 Central. Is there a recommended length for the b38's? I see they sell a shorty and a long one. Thanks,

Nick

The 4" length is what you want if you have the battery box still in place, they fit perfectly .....

Uni-CheckValve.jpg

UP4200 or UP4200ST for the 38s, UP4229 or UP4229ST for the 34s. I follow the "care and feeding" special instructions as provided on the UNI Australia site .....

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/Black foam road bike pods.pdf

Back