KEIHIN PWK 32Carbs

supercooper04

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody used these carbs, I was going to replace the stock BS38 with a set from Heiden Tuning KEHIN PWK 32mm. Before I spend the pounds I want to be sure. I have searched the forum and one reply was cheap rubbish

MikesXS has a "New" line of Flatslides coming out that sortta resembles the PKW that are the Shitz.

Well, there are some really good threads on this, sounds like there pretty crap. I can get the Kleihins from Heidens for $420 or the VM34's for $700. Both come with all the boots, cables and filters. It just seems that the Kleihins are cheaper but you need to do a lot of tinkering to get them to run right

Keep an eye on the forum, sets come up for sale now an then. Post an ad in the wanted section...

Well, there are some really good threads on this, sounds like there pretty crap. I can get the Kleihins from Heidens for $420 or the VM34's for $700. Both come with all the boots, cables and filters. It just seems that the Kleihins are cheaper but you need to do a lot of tinkering to get them to run right

These are a new design that far exceed the other knock off crap they were selling.They are field testing the units to insure the jetting is suitable for the applications and are making adjustments as needed. I've seen these and I'm impressed with the quality of workmanship and machining and they delivery in the performance department.

@Jack,
Will parts interchange with the "old" PWK's?
Or is this new carb going to give a larger jet and needle selection that won't work with the old?

These new carbs are not Keihin ( The slide assembly resembles the PKW that's it),can't remember the brand name. They are produced off shore but are of excellent quality and compact,so much better looking than Keihin or Mikuni. I only wish Mikes would produce a batch of 36mm for the 700 and 750 big bore,I think you could safely bore those 32's out to 34mms with no problems. You'll have to contact Mikes to see what jetting will be available, as there's no such thing as a bolt on carb for all applications.

Just put on the PWK's and the bike fires and starts straight up, Havent road tested yet but all i want to check before i take it out is the syncing. I have a homemade manometer. Where do i adjust it on the carbs. Does anyone know a setup procedure and a whats what picture. I'm more of picture person !

Back