Wanted - kickstand for 75 XS650B

I've got several... no idea what years I have. Been meanin' to catalogue 'em... just been lazy. :rolleyes:
You have a pic of the type/one you need?

This is from a 75 donor bike I bought last winter. Pic is for reference.
DSCN1788-001.JPGDSCN1789-001.JPGDSCN1790-001.JPGB3CE14E4-89B4-4FE3-9236-53B9262F7E32.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got several... no idea what years I have. Been meanin' to catalogue 'em... just been lazy. :rolleyes:
You have a pic of the type/one you need?
Sorry, no
Pics. I don't remember what happened or why i had to replace it, or even what I put on it but it's really short.

That actually looks like a stand from an earlier bike, like a TX or possibly an XS2. My XS2 did that and I wasn’t sure if the tab was bent or whatever was up. I ended up grinding the bracket and tab off and rewelding them for a much better angle. My 75 had the bent stock like in the pics from halfmile which is the same as my ‘76 however if you go to a parts fiche they look like this. I went with what I had because I have never seen one like the pic.IMG_2882.jpeg

Thanks for the info Wingedwheel, I'm looking for stock but if I can't find one I my torch and bend it
to a sharper angle and have a larger shoe welded on.

The only issue with not having the attached piece is you can’t get at it under the muffler to put it down with your foot. Perhaps that’s why it’s at such an angle.

The only issue with not having the attached piece is you can’t get at it under the muffler to put it down with your foot. Perhaps that’s why it’s at such an angle.
I don't know/remember if it ever had that foot tab on it.
I just reach behind me when I park and put it down by hand.
Gotta do the same on the other bike as it's broke too short to grab with my foot.
Problem is that extreme lean. I remember some guys carried a block of
wood/metal to put under their kickstands to stand them up or keep them from sinking.
If this is not from a different 650 model it's probably left over from a Kaw 440 LTD I had.

Mine was broken off but I was able to fab a new piece using some round stock and my ‘76 stand as a guideIMG_1378.jpeg

:yikes:100.00 on ebay. Like tryin to find hens teeth in a pile of rocking horse sh*t.
See what I did there :laughing:
Definitely gonna mod mine for that cost. Unique isn't a bad thing. :umm:

If the one I have pictured is what you need:shrug: It`s for sale and a lot less than $100.

If the one I have pictured is what you need:shrug: It`s for sale and a lot less than $100.
That looks correct to me. Online is showing so many different ones and the only one
I found that was specifically 75' looked like the one Wingedwheel found on fiche.
Thank you for that!
There was one other that looked like the one I have now.
The one you show looks like what I remember though.
I'll use your reference pic to guide me. Thanks!

Back