Kickstand spring

Downer

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anybody know if I can just pick one up at a hardware store I've seen some at lows but don't know what size to buy I know mikes sells them but thought maybe I could pick one up down the street instead of paying shipping any ideas would be great like what length to get thanx

If you can't find a suitable one at the hardware store, you can still get them from a dealer, about $6 I think. Be aware that there were a couple different springs used (depending on the year) and they don't interchange because they're different sizes. '75 and earlier models used a shorter spring.

Last edited:
Is there a specific length I should start out with 5twins? I never had a spring on it in the first place so I have no idea about how long the stock one is

with the stand up measure between hook points and go about a 1/2 inch shorter, to mount spring remove pivot bolt hook up the ends and remount stand/bolt stretching spring

Most hardware store spring won't have the pivoting end like the stock spring. I don't know if it matters. It may not last as long, the twisting may effect the life.

Later, longer stock spring measures about 5 3/8" off the bike.

Back