Kickstart Lever near Portland, Oregon?

pereiracycles

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Portland area folks,

I'm doing some prep for riding tomorrow and when i went to test fire my bike, the kick start lever snapped off.
Anyone nearby have an extra? Would love to find one tonight or tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Really need to ride tomorrow!
I don't recall if these changed over the years, but mine is a '75. Any usable condition will do.

Thanks!
-Tony

I'm not sure when they changed but the earlier ones were straight. The later were bent inward a bit so they didn't stick out so much.
I guess you removed the e-start or you would just push the button.
Leo

Yes, I ditched the electric foot years ago. PMA, no battery either. It bump starts just fine, which I did so I could test my new LED tail light bulb (worked!)

Welded the lever back together. Waiting for it to cool so I can clean it up and see if it will work without breaking again.

I'm headed to the Oregon vintage motorcycle swap meet today in Corvallis and picking up another xs650 from a guy bringing a bunch of 650 parts, he will probably have one, don't know if that's close enough to Portland for you tho

I went to the show today and saw a stock XS in the show, but I really didn't see any XS parts to be had. ? I did hear a few people talking about building an XS650 though.

Guys,
Thanks for all the offers. I ended up welding it (which I didn't think would work) and it worked great. I rode down to the Corvallis show, but didn't check out any of the swap parts. Looked like mostly non-japanese stuff from a distance.

Anyway, all is well, except I should probably replace the lever, so I'll be on the lookout.
-Tony

Back