Kickstarter

Engso

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Cleaned carbs, new spark plugs, fresh gas. Bike started and engine ran great. Kickstarted. Battery is not greatest. And one day later it won’t start. Spark is there. Tank is half full.
Thank you:)

Are you asking for advice getting it started ?
Check fuses is sitting right
Charge the battery and try again

If not solved please provide more information Year model ? Stock ?

..... or even very low. The ignition needs battery power to function until the bike is running and generating a charge.

Battery is low! And spark comes and goes. Changed them and same thing happens. New battery needed.
Thank you all:)
I love this bike. Cant wait to ride on it:)

Ok. Battery is ok. Engine starts and left cylinder goes on and off and whole engine shuts down itself after 30s? Engine shuts down when I move throttle to give more gas? What’s more get be the issue?
Thank you!

Ok. Battery is ok. Engine starts and left cylinder goes on and off and whole engine shuts down itself after 30s? Engine shuts down when I move throttle to give more gas? What’s more get be the issue?
Thank you!
The left carburetor may have a malfunctioning pilot circuit.

In your first post, you said Engine ran great, are you saying you let it idle a long time revv'd it some and it was great, or are you saying you went for a ride and it ran great?

I'll give you some suggestions.
Charge battery
Check battery before you start it, mark voltage
Turn ignition key, mark voltate (it will drop some)
Start the bike let it idle, mark battery voltage
Rev to 3000rpm, mark battery voltage

are you starting with the choke/enricher, then shutting choke off before it dies?

Have you reset the idle fuel mixture screws at all?
does turning in the idle speed screw some help you run at a higher idle ?

Got a timing light?

Yes I suspect weak charging
Please
3000 - 4000 rpm
Measure across battery

Ok. idle fuel mixture! Did that. Perfect:) Checked battery. Everything makes sense now.
Thank you so much for everyone:)
Going to make new seat and saddlebags and good to go for now;)
Best to everyone!

Back