Kinda Pumped....

Renegade600

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kinda pumped up this morning, mainly for the snow to melt....and cuz last nite i fired my bike for the first time since buying it.....I bought the bike in boxes and it had not been run in many years. the ignition and alternator were missing, among many other parts.

This is my first XS and I did the usual hardtail and cut down wiring, bought a used TCI, pickup and alternator, cleaned out the carbs (were missing all kinds of pieces, floats, jets, etc).

Added the canadien needles/jets, stepped up the mains, opened up the air screws 3 turns, changed the oil and filter, hooked tha battery, shot o ether...and bam away she went...still grinning.

Only setback was the cover for the oil strainer in the side cover was spewing oil after a few min. I pulled it back down added some Hylomar to the gasket, put back together and the leak is gone.....

Now i just need to pull it back down and paint.....and apparently a couple of tube of locktite, many of my fasteners have already vibrated loose....LOL
Tom

gggary, I'm ready for the melt now I know...Take it to 'em Bucky!

Side note, we just moved my buddies girlfriend up to Mosinee from the Baraboo area a month or so back...don't know if she's happy here yet, been complaining about the snow..:)

Sounds like you did a great job putting together a basket case. You gotta be loving it when it started. Certainly lots of loktight is needed when putting these together.

Back