Last Night Fight

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I watched the fight last night and it was very poor at what I saw. Cross over fights can be good or like this one just a big money fight for both of them. This ended up being a WWF entertainment not a boxing event. You never grab or punch in the back of the head or back in boxing and it should have been stopped way before 10th round. Now whats next to rip off the public on pay per view. Feel bad for people who paided to watch a grab and hold event. SORRY just how I fell about it.
What did you think was it worth the hype.

The older I get the less likely I am to participate in any way in events that basically encourage people to maim themselves for money.
Sez the guy that watched a Packers game last night. :doh:

These events are certainly not "sports' events. Its an entirely fake spectacle, in which the 2 participants had already decided the outcome ahead of time.
Yeah, just another WWF type show. The main objective is to suck as much money as possible out of peoples pocket. The fighters get rich, the promoters get rich, the broadcasters get rich, but the audience gets screwed. If people are dumb enough to pay money to watch this stuff, they have only themselves to blame.

I switched over to the fight for a few seconds, saw a poorly choreographed takedown, then switched back to the exciting world of weather radar...

I couldn't agree more with RG.... it's all fake any more....
and YES ...WWF is the worst of them all.. my aunt loved Wrestling and finally got to go to a LIVE match in San francisco ! she was elated
when she got home her story was Horrible.... not only did they say outloud where the people in the first row could plainly hear , Ok I'm going to take you down on your right , and the guy nodded, OK.... then you get away and come after me ! OK....
she said the entire match was like that including smacking one another with the folded chairs and Looking like they were half dead... they weren't hurt at all...... she didn't watch WWF after that it ruined it for her.....
it's an entertainment GIG.... not real boxing any more !
Bob........

I used to watch fights religiously right up until the fight between Marvin Hagler and Ray Leonard. For me that was the beginning of the end of professional boxing. Watching a Test Pattern is more entertaining than boxing today. :twocents:

Ask John Stossel if wresting is fake:
xj........................The reporters interview and getting slapped is all rehearsed and choreographed ahead of time. Its all about selling advertising and tickets for an event and for the TV channel/newspaper....................i.e. its always about making money. I suppose some people believe its real:banghead:

^LOL. Stossel sued and was awarded nearly half a million dollars. That's as real as it gets, or was the judge and jury fake too? :D Look up terms like "kayfabe" and it becomes clear pro wrestling is fake. But at the same time they're taking punishment that would put you or me in a wheelchair real fast.

Regarding the big fight, it was contrived for an audience, maybe fake in that sense, but I never saw a pulled punch. Maybe Mayweather could have taken him out earlier, but after the fight he said his strategy was to wear him down and knock him out late. Maybe it was a strategy for the audience to give them a long fight, same with not stopping the fight after the half-dozen rabbit punches. Conor knew the ref was not going to stop the fight for that and that Mayweather was not going to complain. Conor held his own but ran out of steam in the 9th, a lot longer than he's used to fighting. It wasn't a serious fight, and the winner was predetermined, if not by design then by skill. I think there are different levels of "fake" -- they were hitting each other for real....

As a kid, I used to watch B&W late night wrestling.

Plenty of these characters.
60s-Wrestling01.jpg 60s-Wrestling02.jpg

Times sure change...

^ I remember those from the days of local shows. Equally big and fat hillbilly women screaming at them from the bleachers. Whenever it came on my dad would turn it in disgust, but he was a big fan of boxing. The advent of PPV kind of ruined it in a way. I got boxing gloves for my 0th birthday, which I still have. Rear view mirror size.

^LOL. Stossel sued and was awarded nearly half a million dollars. That's as real as it gets, or was the judge and jury fake too? :D Look up terms like "kayfabe" and it becomes clear pro wrestling is fake. But at the same time they're taking punishment that would put you or me in a wheelchair real fast.

Regarding the big fight, it was contrived for an audience, maybe fake in that sense, but I never saw a pulled punch. Maybe Mayweather could have taken him out earlier, but after the fight he said his strategy was to wear him down and knock him out late. Maybe it was a strategy for the audience to give them a long fight, same with not stopping the fight after the half-dozen rabbit punches. Conor knew the ref was not going to stop the fight for that and that Mayweather was not going to complain. Conor held his own but ran out of steam in the 9th, a lot longer than he's used to fighting. It wasn't a serious fight, and the winner was predetermined, if not by design then by skill. I think there are different levels of "fake" -- they were hitting each other for real....

It was $425,000 and it was an out of court settlement. There was no judge and jury, because such fakery would have been laughed at by lawyers and judges. Schultz was ordered by Vince McMahon to stage the attack because McMahon loves publicity that generates more ticket sales.

Schultz seems to have hit Stossel a little harder than he planned, but the $425,000 settlement was just a cost of doing business for Vince McMahon. Cheap advertising ................a rounding error on McMahon's advertising budget.

Different levels of "fake"......................no, fake is fake. Similar to some people using the phase "alternative facts" about known lies.

Different levels of "fake"......................no, fake is fake. Similar to some people using the phase "alternative facts" about known lies.
Of course there are different levels of fake. For example, let the best man win but let's give them a good show, vs. rigged by gangsters. "Alternative facts" has validity too, but I know better than to get into that. I know better than to get into this too, but that I can resist.

Ask John Stossel if wresting is fake:

Hi xjwmx,
"faked" is probably the wrong word for WWE style wrestling
Carefully rehearsed and choreographed with a pre-determined outcome, for sure.
As for the face slapping incident, same deal.
Anything for ratings, eh?

Fred, it seems like the Canadians don't realize Stossel was a respected investigative reporter and a household name, not some guy paid to hold a microphone and get hit over the head with a chair. But since he was investigating whether wrestling is fake or not, the real message here is about journalism itself.

xj..................I think its possible that Stossel had integrity, and him getting slapped around was real. However, if I was a betting man, I'd bet that
Vince McMahon rigged the whole scene for the publicity. The WWF seeks out publicity and would not be adverse to paying out a little money to a reporter.

Back