Latest images of my build

I like what you have done.............A good hard-tail, (in my mind), is about angles and balance. Sissy bay is the same angle as the forks, front guard mounts balance the top rail of the hard-tail as does the sight gauge on tank, (close enough), would like to have seen a little more angle. Seat looks comphy and the colours are great, the large front guard on the 21" rim balances the rear with the tank size in the middle.

2 things i would change,

1; The rear brake pivot point, ( i understand there is a clearance issue and do not have an answer for a change), to be effective and less force required to actuate the pivot the bottom connection, from front rod. The lever on the pivot should be longer, (think how easier it is to use a long bar when tightening/loosening a large nut or seized one), and this bar is pushing so less stress is better to stop any chance it will bend. The top one going to the rear doesn't need to be long and because it is pulling, there is less stress on the rod.

2; Those Sharpe points on the end of the front sets will cause major damage to cloths skin and mussel. Not a matter of if it's when it will happen.

Front brake has been addressed..............the 2 minuses are far exceeded by the overall build..............

If your ride is on the peninsula in Washington let me know. U can stop in for a pitstop
Hey Soundwave,,,
Will be stopping on Spokane Valley first for a couple days to see my new grandson,, then west to Bremerton/Seattle to hang with other friends,,then back to Spokane Valley.
I will be in Washington for like a week.
Let me know if we can possibly hang for a day or so,, I love meeting fellow riders.

I like what you have done.............A good hard-tail, (in my mind), is about angles and balance. Sissy bay is the same angle as the forks, front guard mounts balance the top rail of the hard-tail as does the sight gauge on tank, (close enough), would like to have seen a little more angle. Seat looks comphy and the colours are great, the large front guard on the 21" rim balances the rear with the tank size in the middle.

2 things i would change,

1; The rear brake pivot point, ( i understand there is a clearance issue and do not have an answer for a change), to be effective and less force required to actuate the pivot the bottom connection, from front rod. The lever on the pivot should be longer, (think how easier it is to use a long bar when tightening/loosening a large nut or seized one), and this bar is pushing so less stress is better to stop any chance it will bend. The top one going to the rear doesn't need to be long and because it is pulling, there is less stress on the rod.

2; Those Sharpe points on the end of the front sets will cause major damage to cloths skin and mussel. Not a matter of if it's when it will happen.

Front brake has been addressed..............the 2 minuses are far exceeded by the overall build..............
THANKS SKULL,,,
The front is a 19",, lol,, rear is a 16".
The brake issue placement was pretty much out of convenience,,
And those POINTS,,, hahahahaha,,, you would not believe the gouges on my shins.. I have already took the sander to em. Pretty dull now.
It took a long time putting stuff on,,, trying other stuff,,you know the routine.
With this prolly gonna be my last build (yea right), I wanted to take the time so I didnt have those "shoulda,,coulda,,woulda moments.

Back