Learner looking for bike advice

skippy

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My dad got me interested in bikes a few years a go, we're british and own Lambretta scooters. It's safe to say I've got the itch and now want a bike as my main vehicle (in English weather, I must be mad).

I came across xs650 bobbers a while ago and love the style, my favourite non custom look has to be the HD iron 883.

I want a similar looking bike to learn on, I've seen a lot about chines bikes and how they're not worth the money (the ajs Daytona got my attention), so I'd obviously like to avoid getting a heap of crap.

Would anyone recommend any makes/models worth looking into with the styles of bikes mentioned above?

I currently have a compulsory bike test which allows me to ride 125cc engines so no bigger than that please!

Thanks guys,
Skippy

Hi Skippy and welcome :thumbsup:

I'm another Brit that is into Lambrettas having bought a 64 LiS150 special this year.
When you get a chance upload a pic of your lammys

You're asking a difficult question on a forum dedicated to 650cc twins however Yamaha have made some pretty decent 125cc bikes in the past I'm sure someone will be able to give you some advice

I'd imagine you would be looking for something like the YZF-R125 which would be considerably cheaper than the new MT-125
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2014/may/may0714-yamaha-release-stunning-ne--mt-125/

What is the law about riding 125cc in the UK ? Do you have to stick to a low cc for a period after you pass your test ?

Attachments

• special on the bridge.jpg
    special on the bridge.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 192
Back