Leather Jackets?

I like the brand Fieldsheer jackets and I have Fieldsheer leather pants that zip into the jacket. That would be needed if you wanna do any speed events they require one peice it two peice that are zipped into one peice, nice stuff:thumbsup:

I have a place local, about an hour and half away. Iron Pony and they have a closeout area. I buy when I get half off or more. Its sucks the life outta me to pay retail price on anything. It takes longer to get but I find the deals.

There used to be a place on line called newenough.com that had smoking deals on closeout leathers also, i bought from them havent been there for a while.

Downeaster, I've been wearing the same Hein Gericke leather jacket since the mid-eighties. Snap out liner, reasonably warm enough down to about 55f and with the liner out still ok at 80f. More importantly, in 1996 I dropped my FLSTC on a highway curve at about 60mph. (oil on the road) Bike went one way, I went another, across the oncoming lane and about 75' down the ditch. Jeans exploded, helmet cracked, that jacket took it in stride. Scuffed a bit but it saved my pretty parts. If it had been fabric I'd have lost a lot of skin.

roy

I have an 80s era Hein Gericke I really love as well... though it makes me look like Sting's character from the movie Dune when I wear it :)

If your Budget can't afford new, I second Watching the Thrift Stores. Another Idea is ask around, Someone you know probably has one hanging in the closet they don't use you can get cheep or free. My other biker friends have been kind to me. My 1st one smelled like the previous owner, :( pew but it was free and its gone to someone else now.
I have several now the most I payed was $50 for a Harley jacket and Chaps at the thrift store, what a find (my favorite Fit called the Billings collection).
also A free surprise Jacket and chaps new and never used from a friend that sold his bike. The Brand is UNIK made in Pakistan the Fit is bad compared to the Harley Jacket but would be fine if I didn't know any difference.
Got a River Road Leather Jacket from another friend for $50 is bigger with a liner and can fit more layers under it.
I am hoping to Get a set of these bibs this spring.
http://www.stonelakeleatherworks.com/index.htm
I am Tired of cold crotch with chaps. Even August Summer mornings can be 40 deg and I like the idea of the extra protection :thumbsup:

hi guys,,,, a few years ago ,, i purchased an rjays leather vest.. with metal press studs up the front ,,it only cost $100... at doyle and shields in bairnsdale..i also got sucked in to buying a gen.. rossi coloured full face helmet... with all the tags hanging off it ,,anyway i had some cash and i got it for 1/2 the full price or a tad less ,,, he even let me sit on a current r1 he rectoned i looked great so i bought the helmet.. 2 years ago i was at horsham swap meet and i was only looking at a brand new australian made touring style leather jacket,,, never used ,,the old mum actually got it on me while i was talking too her about her son,,he,d put on double his weight so nothing fitted him ,,its a nice fit a large size with padding in the shoulders and elbows and around the neck ,,she charged me $30.. i later felt i had maybe robbed her..but i was tickled pink ..regards oldbiker

I paid $10 for my leather jacket at a thrift store. It's made from Italian leather and the snaps are marked, "United States Marshal." It wasn't really designed to be a riding jacket but with the addition of some Velcro to keep the flaps closed I'm quite happy with it.

My previous jacket was a Sears brand that I bought in 1974 and wore until 2 years ago when the leather was finally so rotted I could no longer stitch it back together. Weighed a ton and cost $50 new.

PS. Lots of deals on Craigslist in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Well, I went for a LeatherUp jacket via Amazon for $120. I'll let you know what I think of it when it comes in.

Thanks for all the input!

I'll also be keeping an eye out at the local Goodwill. Never hurts to have a spare...

I've had a Competition Accessories "Power-Trip" jacket for the last couple of years and I couldn't be happier.

High quality, great fit with adjustable waist. High snap collar to keep the wind out, zippered wrists that mate with a pair of gloves perfectly, removable inner liner that can be worn separately as a vest, semi rigid back protection, four zippered pockets including a hidden inner pocket for the cash and two large zippered vents in the back. $269.99

http://www.compacc.com/p/Power-Trip-Mens-Graphite-Leather-Jacket

^That's good-looking, the only thing is it's lambskin, which sands away on pavement more quickly than some other kinds of leather.

This is the one that came my way.
http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3540460

Except that one is lamb as well but mine is some other kind of leather, a non-current model I guess. When I first got it, it would stand up by itself. I didn't have to pay anything like the price there, but it's no credit to me; I was just fortunate.

Last edited:
Plus whatever on Hein Gericke I buy them on eBay. they tend to fit snug. I often wear a 40 tall but a 42 Tall from Hein fits great. My wife got me a very nice jacket from the Harley dealer years ago. I returned it, bought some gloves there, bought a series of Hein Gericke on Ebay Finally got exactly the one I wanted resold the rest and still had like $150 to spend on bike farkles. I also got a matching jacket for her. I now have a First Gear ventilated summer jacket with armor too. And I keep a nice ballistic nylon size XL armored riding jacket around for buds that show up and want to ride one of my bikes. I look at and think about Aerostich riding suits but have not decided to pull that trigger yet.

hi guys ,,, well i luv leather jackets ,,,,a few years ago an old guy in orbost terry martin ,,, gave me an old leather jacket made by stagg in melbourne it was 2 tone brown.cream ,,he restained it black i still wear it ,,, since then i,ve purchase 2 more stagg jacket ,,, my latest was at horsham swap meet 2 years ago for 30 bucks ,,, wait i tried it on and it fitted nicely .. yep his mum was selling it for him ,,,it was never ever worn ,,,again it was a touring style ,,,STAGG fully padded black leather jacket .. luv it you cann,t beat leather regards oldbiker

Back