Led brake light???

snyder650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So I'm eliminating the front filament mini turn signals on my street tracker and installing mirrors with led turn signals in them. I assume I'm going to need to get a led flasher to do that; but now I'm thinking about eliminating the rear filament mini turn signals, and getting a led tail light / brake that has the turn signals in it. Do I need to do something special for the brake light / tail light wire part like the special flasher for the led turn signals?

The reason you need a different flasher for LED turn sigs is that a conventional turn sig flasher relies on heat/current draw the break the circuit and flash. The brake and taillight circuits dont
care. They just need 12v and draw very little amps.

It's plug and play if you get the right blade orientation with two contacts 90 degrees to each other. If it don't work the first time you plug it in, just plug it in the only other way it will go.

You should go for rear brake light with turn indicators. It will give the idea to your followers when are you going to stop and turn. No need to do anything specific. It can be done with the simplest methods.

Back