Left off my brake rotor disc lockin tabs - biggie?

strang

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Messing round with a brake upgrade today and changed the front rotor to a Aprilla 320mm. Didn't have the lock washers to hand to put back on so just put the bolts straight in with blue locktight. Tightened them up firm. Was just wanting to get a test run on the setup but wondering if it's good to go as is? Or should I really have those lock washer on?

just wanting to get a test run

Just about anything would last that long. I would go easy on the locktite: three of my sprocket bolts were broken off down in the hub by a po, and it's a bigger bolt.

Messing round with a brake upgrade today and changed the front rotor to a Aprilla 320mm. Didn't have the lock washers to hand to put back on so just put the bolts straight in with blue locktight. Tightened them up firm. Was just wanting to get a test run on the setup but wondering if it's good to go as is? Or should I really have those lock washer on?

On my bike, I'm now using just the regular type lock washers (i.e. not the dual tab type) for the brake rotors. Torque to 14 ft-lbs. I see no need for lock-tite.

Back