Leslie's Tracker Build

Barmy? don't know what that means. Crazy? Most of us sledders are. Anyway, you are making great strides it looks like. That means you got a lot done. Looks good!!

Don't like the Europeans, the Germans and the French are always fighting each other over who rules Europe. There are millions of war graves in France and Belgian full of dead Limeys and Yanks fighting for the slimey French and Germans

Not like us English Scots Welsh and Ulstermen who never fall out with anyone LOL

I was on a Exup (FZR 1000 ru Yamaha) we had the gpz over here nice bike a couple of my muckers had them.

I have owned Yamaha up to 1999 when i tried the gixxer and the Prilla,,now back to Yammie :)

David Niven wrote a book, in it he said he met an American girl, said he'd come round and knock her up. He saw stars immediately afterwards. :laugh:

Fastest I've been on a bike was a Dunstall Norton 850 like this one:
Dunstall%20GT%20Norton.jpg

It was showing 145 on the speedo. Given the optimism of British instruments I'm going to say it was probably closer to 130 but even that is way too damn fast on the Interstate. Drove a Ferrari Dino 155 MPH indicated as well, that was exhilarating to say the least.

Leslie, good to see you are making some headway on your project. Putting together a project after paint work is ready is a blast.(I'm starting another tracker got seven spoke cast Kaw wheels and winning r-6 forks on ebay will post pics soon.

Which R6 forks, the first inverted forks or the more modern Upside downers.

I was lucky the ones I bought had Ohlins internal progressive springs.

To be honest it was a lot easier than I anticipated conversion and the earlier forks R6-5EB 1999-2002 model look very similar to the XS forks.

Good luck mucker I look forward to seeing it.

Leslie

Leslie, due to your above post, I just went back and looked at some of your pics. I see that you are not using inverted R6 forks, and are even using spaced out XS rotors. Why bother with the forks if not going inverted?

Leslie, due to your above post, I just went back and looked at some of your pics. I see that you are not using inverted R6 forks, and are even using spaced out XS rotors. Why bother with the forks if not going inverted?
Racer,
I have tried to keep it looking classic whilst changing some of the components. for example I am fitting a set of modern Pro Taper Contour handle bars, but i have had a set yokes made loosely copying the late 70s early 80s Yamaha GP bikes yokes so to keep a balance between new and old.

A old XS750 tank but a modern Omars seat unit, Old wire wheels but with modern R6 calipers and I even found some EBC floating brake discs that dont have the modern spider web centers.

You get the Idea mucker

The R6 forks ie the normal type look period but they are light years ahead in design internaly and mine are fitted with Ohlins internal progressive springs lucky lucky lucky Bastard I am LOL

Leslie

Back