Leslie's Tracker Build

Lads,
My bike is now in the final stages of getting set up right. Just trying to get it to run right

I have a problem, my right hand exhaust smokes a lot (White) and the right hand can is oily black on the end plus the oily substance is blowing all over the right hand side of the bike, I have done about 15 miles and it has used quite a bit of oil

any ideas. :(

Leslie

Lads,
My bike is now in the final stages of getting set up right. Just trying to get it to run right

I have a problem, my right hand exhaust smokes a lot (White) and the right hand can is oily black on the end plus the oily substance is blowing all over the right hand side of the bike, I have done about 15 miles and it has used quite a bit of oil

any ideas. :(

Leslie

Piston/cylinder clearance excessive. Stuck ring. Valve guide. Compression?

Yeah, sounds exactly like what my motor was doing onlt mine was doing it on both sides. Top end job more than likely. Sorry to hear that.

Dave No probs other than the weather is changing over here and it looks like it is going to be above freezing very soon:D

Going to let a professional look at it my local bike shop the mechanic is very good.

I thought maybe the valve stem seals as i fitted a new gasket set which included these and i may have fitted one incorrectly :mad:

Dave on another note my Omars seat cushion is at the upholsterers at the moment having blue piping stitched around the edge of the seat as it is a bit boring plain/one colour ,,,,,photo soon

Leslie

Leslie, not to offend, I think the headlight should be pulled in towards the fork more? Just my .02 cents.

And lower on the tubes...

Bike looks awesome... Love the way the exhaust turned out... How are you liking the seat? I am going to be painting a tank and seat for a guy in a couple of weeks for a Triumph flat tracker that bought the same seat.

The seat is great, I am glad I followed pregrids lead on the tail unit Omars is quality and the seat cushion is good as well.

I have got the baffles (incase the neighbours get stroppy)as well for the Arrow cans and a Guy in Wales made the header pipes, so my input on the exhaust system was minimal:D

Leslie

Lads,
I am in the final throws of my tracker build, she flew through her MOT on Saturday.

Just a couple of problems 1 the smoking engine!!!!!

and 2 I have fitted A Shorai Lithium battery for the size and weight can I check if my bike is charging the battery is there an after market gauge for the handle bars.

Leslie

Got mine from MikesXS.
Works great, looks good too.

trackervoltmeter002_zps27824302.jpg

Dave,
as usual you are top man.

is the bracket part of the gauge.

It looks trick,,Dave don't take this the wrong way but are you related to Crocodile Dundee that gauge is upside down mate :laugh:

Leslie

Dave,
as usual you are top man.

is the bracket part of the gauge.

It looks trick,,Dave don't take this the wrong way but are you related to Crocodile Dundee that gauge is upside down mate :laugh:

Leslie

:D Yup, the bracket comes with it. It's upside down 'cause I wanted it to be as unobtrusive as possible. Besides, on these paint shakers all you can see are colors, the numbers seem to disappear, at least to this ol' blind man.

Paint shakers lol I rode her for 10 miles to get her MOTd (Roadworthiness test) I know what you mean it is a few years since I have road an old style bike.

The front fork legs on her are modern R6 with Ohlins internal springs fitted, they came of a track day R6 and I have found out that they are set up hard.

As for the Hammerheads on the rear I am going to have to wait till she is running right so I can take her on my favourite fast back roads.

Leslie

Lads,
My wiring loom is a bit unprofessional looking, so I am contemplating having Titch at TWS Swindon Wiltshire make me one.

Whilst I am thinking of having these works carried out by someone who knows what he is doing (Cost)

I am thinking get him to include the wiring for a electric start model.

Could anyone let me know what parts I would need but not the Motor or Gear just the electric components that I would require

electriscfortitch001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Leslie

Last edited:
Back