less and less freedom

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
you know we have less and less freedom in this country got a pulled over for a speeding
6 mph over well he did not give me a speeding ticket he gave me seat belt ticket there is no way he could have seen weather or not I had it on, dark window's and shirt was same color as interior.
now I can ride with out a helmet but have to wear a seat belt sucks, he gave me a belt ticket cause the speed ticket is $89 and seat belt is $100

Last edited:
Well, here's the lemons to lemonade perspective. I get the feeling that he may have given you a way out. The seatbelt violation may be more defensible in court...

no the juge's down here side on the OHP his word vrs mine but the sb ticket is more money I gess he could have given me both so if could have been worse. I just hate some one (GOV.) TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO IN MY TRUCK!!! me not have'n a seat belt on don't hurt any one but me.( and with my back I was told that a seat belt woud most likly hurt me more than not with on couse it would twist me to one side
but a DR can't go aginst the law...

We can thank all the wonderful people out there that know how things "should be". There are any number of rules coming that will protect us from us and allow us to live forever in a safe and uneventful world. After all, risk is dangerous and must be eliminated by whatever means we can enact into law. Motorcycles are far up on the list.

Perhaps the seat belt is no points but the speeding would have have been points against your licence?

Ohio has a no points if you have not had a ticket in 5 years and under 10mph over.
I have not had a ticket in over 10 years so he was be'n nice by only 1 but he wint with the higher one. anyway I'll get over it it just cut's into my bike money.

- - - me not have'n a seat belt on don't hurt any one but me. - - -

Hi Dog,
"No man is an island - - - " right?
You getting killed or all crippled up in a collision thru not wearing a seat belt vs getting back strain by using it effects everyone you come in contact with.
Even me.
I'd miss your interesting posts if you were too busted up to send them and I'd really be sad reading your obituary.

I got stopped once for speeding....it was very questionable let me tell you.....It Had been like 8 years since my last ticket. He told me he was going to give me a warning. Instead he gave me a $10 ticket saying that I coulnt provide insurance. I did have my insurance card. I tried to give it to him. He told me if I showed him my card he would have to write me the full ticket for speeding....??? WTF..... I advised that a $10 ticket isnt a warning. Its a $10 ticket for something he shouldnt have stopped me for anyway. How would he had known if I Hadn't had my insurance card before he stopped me....It was total bullshit.....The fact is he couldn't have written me a ticket for speeding based on the speed he stopped me for....so....in order to find some form of INCOME, he wrote a ticket for no insurance and let me go. Its bullshit that they can stop you without real cause and leave you with a ticket for no insurance when you are holding the card in front of them.....

Criminal....?.......you tell me....

Hi Dog,
"No man is an island - - - " right?
You getting killed or all crippled up in a collision thru not wearing a seat belt vs getting back strain by using it effects everyone you come in contact with.
Even me.
I'd miss your interesting posts if you were too busted up to send them and I'd really be sad reading your obituary.

Thanks you for that. and I'm about 1/2 crippled up now lol i have 4 screws 2 plates
and 2 carbinfiber blocks in my back now ( and yes I still ride a hard tail ) and I under stand what seat belt law is for just don't make sense no helmet law but has a seat belt law...
and I'd take a $10 no ins ticket over a $100 seat belt any day and here in Ohio they can wright a speeding ticket for 1 mph over and it is $89 I did have a cop give me a brake one time only wrote me a ticket for 76 in a 35 when I was going 100+ ( who knew an old country road out in the boondocks would be a 35mph zone. I found out the hard way):D:wink2:

Evenmore, he could have given you a ticket for speeding that would have gone against your drivers license and cost you over $100. Instead he gave you a cheap ticket that didn't count against your license. He gave you a huge break.

I spent part of the summer of '71 in Dalton, OH (between Orrville and Massillon). Occasionally (and randomly), the local-yokels would place portable 30-mph speed limit signs on a short stretch of hwy-30, a little piece that crossed the township boundary.

Massive ticket writing, massive traffic pileups, major driver irritation.

It was the town's primary source of income...

Evenmore, he could have given you a ticket for speeding that would have gone against your drivers license and cost you over $100. Instead he gave you a cheap ticket that didn't count against your license. He gave you a huge break.
I have not had a ticket in over 10 years so no points in ohio for 1st. speeding ticket in last 5 years, and the speeding ticket is $89.00 and seat belt is $100.00 so it's about money and drug bust they have a lot dug bust from traffic stops I dess I look like a drug trafficer lol hahahahaa

He was trying to meet a quota..... I became a statistic. I wasn't speeding. He wouldn't tell me what he clocked me at, he went straight to the insurance thing....he was writing it up when he got to my window. Thats why it was questionable. My cruise control was on the speed limit. I was going past an airport. You don't speed going past airports down here...or probably anywhere really.....

There is a variable that is allowed in the equipment due to calibration of the radar gun vs. the speedometer....I used to install them, and light bars, and wig wags, and sirens, and radios...the whole deal....my family owns a company that builds all the police, sheriff,ambulances, fire trucks, swat vans....all that stuff we do here in tallahassee....

He didn't have grounds to stop me, therefore there was no reason to write me a ticket....so he didn't...Instead, he gave me a bogus warning....that was a ticket. It sucked because I got stopped for something I didn't do and got a ticket for not having something that I had. Its wrong.

If you get a ticket for 1-2 mph over the speed limit and you go to court and fight it you will win.....in Florida...but that won't happen here. Never heard of it anyway.

Every ticket I ever got was for 6-7 over the limit.

ONLY time i got let off was for 115 in a 55......:D

On a kinda related note, we made the mistake of not having cash for tolls going through West Virginia from Ohio to Virginia Beach last week. 2 tolls, $2 each, $15 each for them to bill us. How's about they take the revenue from the tolls and the $.30 extra per gallon of gas and get a square account on their iPad. I can use my debit card at a lemonade stand from a 10 year old but not on the turnpike. All this backhanded revenue is immoral and insulting.

I spent part of the summer of '71 in Dalton, OH (between Orrville and Massillon). Occasionally (and randomly), the local-yokels would place portable 30-mph speed limit signs on a short stretch of hwy-30, a little piece that crossed the township boundary.

Massive ticket writing, massive traffic pileups, major driver irritation.

It was the town's primary source of income...

My wife is originally from Smithville, which is not far from Dalton. Back in college, I'd get pulled over driving through Dalton. They are sticklers about the speed limit through that short stretch of Rt30. I'd agree they depend on ticket writing as a major source of income.

You say you haven't been pulled over in 10 YEARS , then complain about loss of freedom ? Back in the bad old days I used to get pulled over a couple of times a day , got so bad I parked my bike and started walking everywhere and I still got jacked up for questioning . Come 1982 and our feds came up with a new charter of rights ( Canada ) . Under the new rules, you didn't have to talk to a cop unless you were under arrest , and then it was only name , rank and number . After I read the new rules , the next cop that jacked me up while walking asks for my ID , I say no , he asks me my name , I say Hugo , he says Hugo what , I say Hugo fuck yourself , I don't have to talk to you .

That got me a ride in the country and a beat down but it was worth it .

Back