lets see some custom motorcycle work stands

redefinecycles

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my motorcycle work stand i made this weekend 3'x8'x24" cost 125.00 hand built priceless lets see some hand made work stands

Attachments

• REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 001.jpg
    REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 001.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 359
  • REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 002.jpg
    REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 002.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 319
  • REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 003.jpg
    REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 003.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,621
  • REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 004.jpg
    REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 004.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 320
  • REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 005.jpg
    REDEFINE CYCLES BIKES PICS 005.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 298
That look good, but my issue with this type of stand is how do you get the bike off it once it's all built up? Winch? Four friends?? Crane??

My 1st work table was an angle iron frame on pipe legs that originally held a central air conditioning unit behind someone's house. I helped my plumber buddy install a new unit which sat right on the ground and he let me have the old stand. I had to extend the front and rear a bit to make it long enough to hold a bike and I also added a shelf below, 4 eye bolts at the corners for tie-down straps, and of course, wheels. A table like this is pretty useless in my opinion if you can't move it around easily once a bike is on it .....

OldWorkTable.jpg

+5 :thumbsup: on carts with wheels 5T! I'm in the midst of building a new bike shop extension on my existing shop with a 3" air over hydraulic ram 24" long "single post lift" mounted flush in the wood floor with a piece of 3/8" plate 18" x 18" with 3/4" holes on each corner for tie downs. Using wedges and blocks for balanced lifting, allows for wheel work, AND 360 deg rotation!!! :D

Somebody with a real sense of style would put a brass pipe around the bottom, and make a top with padded edges that's easy to wipe down with a wet rag.

Here's mine, measures 8'x2'x2' ... I plan on adding some heavy casters if I can find some used ones. I check tractor supply and for 6 all metal ones, it would have cost me $70-$80 for some smaller ones.

full

That look good, but my issue with this type of stand is how do you get the bike off it once it's all built up? Winch? Four friends?? Crane??

Here's how I get mine down... as Hannibal Smith of the A-Team says "overkill is underrated"

full

http://s489.photobucket.com/user/Trexducatis/media/IMAG0060_zpse8d9c509.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
My similar table on casters in the corner and my main table made from a dental chair base and snowmobile shipping crate bases. Got the chair free, electric worm drive lift, auto lowering switch and up and down. Goes from 6 inches off the floor to 3 feet high. Has a ramp that hooks on the end I made from scrap metal and some acx flooring plywood. It also revolves 360°:D

And a 'Lone Star' tap handle...

I miss the Lone Star tap handle, and the Lone Star frisky women, and the Lone Star everybody splitting from the scene from car wrecks before the cops show up. And Lone Star empty Lake Travis which I suspect might be full again now...

Plywood platform 3/4", 2x4 lumber with wheels and tie-down anchor points.

On sawhorses it make a good work table for creating things like a wire harness. Loads of fun!!!

Later upgrade to steel top and larger casters.

Not sure of the dimensions anymore but approx. 6'x2'. And should have spaced my wheels about 4" wider for more stability. All 4 wheels swivel, so when all are turned in the contact points is not as wide so not as stable. Never tipped, thank God!!!

Attachments

• HPIM1065.JPG
    HPIM1065.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 252
  • HPIM1266.JPG
    HPIM1266.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 241
I built a wooden work stand, similar to the ones on here long ago. It had a ramp that attached with 2 pins and could be stored underneath. It worked well for 15 years, or so, but I left it behind when I moved from Texas. I'll probably build another when this project gets a bit farther along, but this works for now.:D Kinda hard to tell in this pic, but the forks are well clear of the floor....just waiting for the CB77 brake.
002_zps49b2951f.jpg

I built a wooden work stand, similar to the ones on here long ago. It had a ramp that attached with 2 pins and could be stored underneath. It worked well for 15 years, or so, but I left it behind when I moved from Texas. I'll probably build another when this project gets a bit farther along, but this works for now.:D Kinda hard to tell in this pic, but the forks are well clear of the floor....just waiting for the CB77 brake.
002_zps49b2951f.jpg
Floor. Did you stick a 'googley eye' on your tank mount? Too bad thats not a cosworth vega

I needed a long one, so I made this with scrap from a soccer goal and a sheet of steel. Cost about 80 dollars. Pics look rusty, it is not. I don't how that happens when I snap photos.
408454839.jpg

Back