See the signature - my first bike. After getting a new battery & new tyres, I mostly just adjusted and cleaned everything.

W8mQa7U.jpg

Attachments

• Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 155
You want pics of my XS :shrug:? Here ya go. It's in pieces, but here it is.:thumbsup:..

Attachments

• engine out and torn apart again for electrics, brakes and paint.JPG
    engine out and torn apart again for electrics, brakes and paint.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 204
  • same from another view.JPG
    same from another view.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 180
Here's my first xs
It's a 1971 that I rescued from the scrap heap. Drop seat frame, dirt bike forks, made the bars from the factory dirt bars.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 244
This is my 1981 Yamaha XS650 with only 4k miles on her. Just recently picked her up, and I plan on keeping her just as she is.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 211
This is my 1981 Yamaha XS650 with only 4k miles on her. Just recently picked her up, and I plan on keeping her just as she is.

It looks new! There are some of us who really appreciate the Specials. In the late seventies, these were the trend setting bikes that everyone wanted.

I picked up this Clean XS650D of Ebay Last week .
It is from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
It is on its way to join my collection of Yamahas in Penrith Australia.

Yamaha XS650E 1.jpg

Attachments

• Yamaha XS650E  4.jpg
    Yamaha XS650E 4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Yamaha XS650E 6.jpg
    Yamaha XS650E 6.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 188
yamaha2.jpg

Nice XS650D I picked up in San Pedro CA for my Yamaha collection.
It is on its way to Penrith Australia.
As you can see in the picture it only has one major fault the right hand muffler has a dent where the Kick start lever comes around.
If any body has a perfect Muffler for this model let me know.

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1814 (3).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1814 (3).jpg
    IMG_1814 (3).jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
wow, nice bikes. is that all you do is purchase nice bikes and store them? I didn't see this one in Minneapolis and I live there, guess I didn't watch close enough on EBAY. Roughly, what did you have to pay for it? I have this bike in my garage in pieces and keep thinking I want something original and change it up a hair and then I see this picture and it makes me want to go back to original. DANG it.

Back