Hi Shakey, Thanks. I won't be PMAing this one just yet because of the cost of converting to a Boyer or such like. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" However, it's on the cards for my other build, an earlier '79 with points ignition. I've already picked up an RD stator and rotor and a mounting adaptor. Just need a reg/rect. Which reg/rect have you got on yours?

I sourced an RD rotor and VF500 stator + reg/rec but have since swapped the r/r for a new one from HHB. I am running batteryless (sparx cap) and all is fine until I put the main beam on. After a few secs my dash-mounted voltage indicator flashes red so I am suspecting a problem with the stator. I might look at getting it rewound or replaced.

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

the beautiful county of Devonshire:bike:

Hello I'm a new guy. And here is my new project. I have already dropped and chopped the rear. _20140926_194113.jpg

Making progress

10420392_10203193516347710_8249881249118853661_n.jpg

That's one badass bike! Hey what kind of frame/hardtail is that? I like the angles of it. I am about to hardtail mine but am bored with the usual TC bros (nothing against it, just too plain). Plus I want a more dropped seat then the stock hardtail you buy. Yours is right there with what I was thinking.:bike:

Got this as a cafe racer, it was black, I did the B52 bomber design bored one night with my airbrush..supposed to be a sloppy, artsy fartsy version.. Hardtailing it soon and changing almost every part. Is this benelli gas tank worth anything?

20141020_154025_1_zpsnknd9hk3.jpg

BTW..taillight is a 1921 acetylene headlight for a bicycle. Its the gem of my build. Solid brass

Well heres mine.Built this about 1980. Its a 750,34 mikuni's,kick only.I recently got thru getting it back in shape(i had forgot about it for awhile).Got to find time to ride.Found a '76 stocker,am thinking of buying it @building something similar.

Attachments

• 20140117_134846.jpg
    20140117_134846.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 278
79 Street Tracker project.... crabs are back on and it did run. I don't have a title so will be moving most of the stuff to an xs2 that we do have a title for.... When we got the bike it had been sitting for years, so we had to clean the tank / line it.... Wiring harness was a mess so we have replaced and re-wired ... we will run a battery so the rectifier was updated. Will be a points engine for a while

The kiddo has done all of the work so we are excited at what he has learned. Stalled now as he is off to college. His other bike is a streetighter 919 and an RC51 track bike...

Attachments

• 20140723_195642.jpg
    20140723_195642.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 239
That's one badass bike! Hey what kind of frame/hardtail is that? I like the angles of it. I am about to hardtail mine but am bored with the usual TC bros (nothing against it, just too plain). Plus I want a more dropped seat then the stock hardtail you buy. Yours is right there with what I was thinking.:bike:

its a voodoo vintage mk25.

Thanks for the comments! updated pictures will be up soon, hoping to get it wired up this weekend.

Attachments

• 10723903_570644796369231_975474427_n.jpg
    10723903_570644796369231_975474427_n.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 227
Is that a direct swap or do you have to get different bearing or a stem or something?

its an allballs bearing swap but its not direct, i had to use a couple spacers on the bottom to get it to seat all the way up in the bottom cup and still allow for enough threads on the top stem. i also have a custom upper triple.

79 Street Tracker project.... crabs are back on and it did run.

The kiddo has done all of the work so we are excited at what he has learned. Stalled now as he is off to college. His other bike is a streetighter 919 and an RC51 track bike...

I love the color. How does it run with those crabs? :laugh:

I think that tank looks great bob_me, is it a direct fit?

It was on it when I bought the bike. Its got a weird bolt that goes thru it and screws into frame, an all thread actually.
Seems to fit decent.has some foam blocks inside the tunnel that keep it tight,tunnel is much wider.

I did have it changed around for about a week tho. I put the tank on that will eventually stay on, just to see how it looked. Its a 1970 ducati tank, painted it candy red. I bent my own seat pan up, graffitti'd all over it and slapped it on. Let me tell you about uncomfortable! But I couldn't take looking at that chopped off back end with shocks. So until I can afford to hardtail it, back to the cafe racer...
What do you think about this tank randomtone?

20141016_182933_zps0se8ttrj.jpg

Back