To Jetmechmarty........I bought the seat cover and foam from Hondaclassics in 2011. It did ship from Vietnam and I think that Hondaclassics became Motorcycleseatsdirect.

To Airwolfie.........Yes...you counted correctly. I figured somebody was going to notice them and give me a little razzing. I started out with just the bar end mirrors. I think they are great for picking up vehicles one lane over at a distance or right behind me. Some of the roads around here are four and five lanes each way so I put mirrors back in the stock perches to see vehicles getting into my personal space or blind spots. The jury is still out whether it looks too funky....Want to vote?

(I could get by with three but that might look stupid!)

XStretchified

To Airwolfie.........Yes...you counted correctly. I figured somebody was going to notice them and give me a little razzing. I started out with just the bar end mirrors. I think they are great for picking up vehicles one lane over at a distance or right behind me. Some of the roads around here are four and five lanes each way so I put mirrors back in the stock perches to see vehicles getting into my personal space or blind spots. The jury is still out whether it looks too funky....Want to vote?

(I could get by with three but that might look stupid!)

XStretchified

Makes sense I guess! Kind of reminds me of them little scooters people throw 20 odd mirrors on! TBH, I didn't notice them at first, it was only once I really looked at your bike I noticed them!

Here is my -78,the build is almost done.

Attachments

• xs650army.jpg
    xs650army.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 375
Maxton was going so fast his print never even hit the page. lol tim

Here is my 79 Cafe, it's about 95% complete. If you are in the Colorado Springs area and wouldn't mind lending a hand PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2760.jpg
    IMG_2760.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 275
Finally done,just the turnsignals left (swedish law) i think it turned out great considering
its my first build.

Attachments

• ARMYJAP.jpg
    ARMYJAP.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 260
Hey tovabo---I also think it turned out great, spring is just around the corner. lol tim

Here's mine. Been messing with it for a year. Bought it as a basket case with the hardtail already welded on.

Attachments

• IMG_3329.jpg
    IMG_3329.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3328.jpg
    IMG_3328.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 216
Ok, here is the most current photo of my project.

xs650project01.jpg

I have a little bit of work left to do before it gets stripped for paint, polish, and powder coating. The color scheme is going to be gunmetal and silver. It's got a stretched and braced swingarm, modified seat rails, battery box on the swingarm, Mikuni 34mm VM carbs, Boyer ignition, hydraulic clutch, forward controls, Ural headlight, and a few other things here and there. I need to get this done so I can :bike:

Travis,
I like the rear fender, did you do it yourself?
Jacky

Back