The side cases are from a 1978 XS750E (I used to own one and had an extra set) Came with the xs750 as an option w/fairing. Looking at the metal brackets saw that I could make a few hacksaw cuts to modify bracket to fit the XS2. Nice to have some space to carry stuff.

far2389.

I have a set of those from a '77 750, that I want to put onto a 650 I'm going to be working on, any chance of getting a close-up on your set-up?

Thanks,
Harvey

Well,,,

Here is mine,,, right off the truck bed. Sitting in the driveway.
Should have it dis-assembled by the end of the weekend. Then the real fun starts.

It is a 1979 and I have a PILE of stuff I no longer need or want that came with it.
So ask away and if I have it,, you will soon.

Hit

Attachments

• 0711151645.jpg
    0711151645.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 273
Thanks figure 8.

Shake down run today and experienced my first problem. Brakes somewhat locked up on me. Gonna have to figure out why.

Anybody else run an upside down brembo unit and have trouble. I'm guessing it has to do with bleeding the brakes. I'm using mikesxs rear master cylinder and Goodrich sniper II brake line and banjo's bleed the brake about 10 times before I got all the bubbles out worked great for a few miles then got REAL hot and locked up. Once it cooled down it would roll but still kind of tight. Back to the drawing board.

sounds like the brake pads are not retracting sufficiently to allow the disc and pads to cool down.

I carefully filed a very slight bevel on the edges of my brake pads where they are in contact with the caliper rails and steel plates and made sure that the pads were free to move in and out freely on their rails. I also added a tiny bit of copperslip to the steel plates where the pads slide on them .

Did you remove the anti-rust protective laquer on the caliper pistons and apply some brake fluid before fitting ?

Last edited:
Another possibility could be a pressure build up in the system due to the m/c piston mot fully returning. Check that the piston is free and able to fully return and/ or the return bleed hole isn't blocked.

PS Nice bike. :thumbsup: Whilst I can understand why you would omit a front brake for aesthetic reasons I don't get why you would willingly reduce your ability to stop!:banghead:...assuming you built it to ride rather than show?

This is the current state of my restoration to the XS2

Greetings from the Switzerland

Attachments

• XS Revision V 030.JPG
    XS Revision V 030.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 207
Put the refreshed motor in last night with the boy, he was a big help. Doesn't get better than that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 343
Back