full

Is this your machine Mule:)

Leslie

5915765182_e4ef8db6d1_b.jpg

5915765086_83c8c6395a_b.jpg

here's one of mine. Has a tiny seat off my kawasaki G5 that somehow fits and feels really good but it's too short for the stock hoop. Didn't really want to cut it up just yet so it's just on there for now. Bike is a '76 with some nice mods. would like to upgrade the brakes at some point soon as they are the weakest link now. Also have a couple other xs projects but this is the only roadworthy xs at the moment. Tends to be my go to bike though it competes with some stiff competition. :)

77 is correct. The aftermarket shocks and mufflers are correct also. Had a run in with some think sand about 20 years ago. Did one muffler and one shock in.

here's one of mine. Has a tiny seat off my kawasaki G5 that somehow fits and feels really good but it's too short for the stock hoop. Didn't really want to cut it up just yet so it's just on there for now. Bike is a '76 with some nice mods. would like to upgrade the brakes at some point soon as they are the weakest link now. Also have a couple other xs projects but this is the only roadworthy xs at the moment. Tends to be my go to bike though it competes with some stiff competition. :)

Love the bars. I know they are just clip-ons, but where did you get yours? Do they ride well?

Thanks, ridethroughlife. They are some clip ons I had from another bike build. I tend to like to be lower on the bike so these work well for me. They are steel with decent welds... I'd say they're the ones you can find for around $80 online. The cheaper ebay clipons look much rougher and have IMO, lesser hardware.

Hey billington, just curious about that g5 seat. Do you have any side or back pictures? I've been looking for some alternative shorter seats. I like the look.

here are a few other shots. the seat is just resting on the frame rails. fits rather well once you trim the stock mounting tabs off from the frame.
5927152691_25425aeb9d_b.jpg

5927711684_9ee5fa63fa_b.jpg

I lived with the rear hoop for a while too....finally got sick of it. stock gauges are next to hit the bin. I told myself I'd keep it stock too....damn....

Just picked this up on eBay. First XS650 and from cruising this site the last month I know I will be spending a lot of time here. So thanks in advance!

full

3300...list of whats been done below. I was going to try and find a beat up clunker and build it up, but I had to funds and pulled the trigger. I figure I will be able to ride this while eventually building my own. Thanks for compliments folks!

Big Bore kit, 750cc, 10.25 to 1 compression wisecos, megacycle cam, 1mm
oversize intake valves, R/D valve springs, 36mm mikuni round slides, K&N
filters, 1 3/4" mandrel bent stainless exhaust w/ removable baffles. Boyer
Bransden electronic ignition, absorbed glass mat battery (better than lead
acid), Works performance shocks, laser cut tig welded chromemoly box section
swingarm, progressive springs, champion glass, ppg paint, powdercoated frame.

Back