1974 TX i got for free....outside for about 15 years. Its got alot of new parts on it. but its such a great running and driving bike.

those are mikes xs1 replica pipes, and they sound great.
hone w/new rings
valve stem seals
cam chain and front guide
is all that has been done for motor work. 10,000 miles on it when i got it.

still running the single points setup from mikes with the stock advancer which i plan to replace soon. It just runs to well with points so i am just going to replace the advance as i had to doctor it so it wouldn't retard to far when timed at proper advance.

chrome polish...

scratch wired (starter is bunged too). Mikes tank, ebay forks, ebay bs34's that were clean when i got them, all i did was a quick once over and sync them and it runs fantastic. 31t rear. stock rims still and stock shocks. mikes shift lever and brake arm. rebuilt caliper, new lines and m/c. rear pads looked like new. JBM carb holders (best money spent)

ground the paint off of the frame and used truck bed liner.

1200km's and a head re-torque. runs great.

very nice. clean and sounds to be well sorted. nice job.:thumbsup:

1974 TX i got for free....outside for about 15 years. Its got alot of new parts on it. but its such a great running and driving bike.

those are mikes xs1 replica pipes, and they sound great.
hone w/new rings
valve stem seals
cam chain and front guide
is all that has been done for motor work. 10,000 miles on it when i got it.

still running the single points setup from mikes with the stock advancer which i plan to replace soon. It just runs to well with points so i am just going to replace the advance as i had to doctor it so it wouldn't retard to far when timed at proper advance.

chrome polish...

scratch wired (starter is bunged too). Mikes tank, ebay forks, ebay bs34's that were clean when i got them, all i did was a quick once over and sync them and it runs fantastic. 31t rear. stock rims still and stock shocks. mikes shift lever and brake arm. rebuilt caliper, new lines and m/c. rear pads looked like new. JBM carb holders (best money spent)

ground the paint off of the frame and used truck bed liner.

1200km's and a head re-torque. runs great.

P9030155.jpg

I've been trying to decide whether to use those XS1/XS2 Repo mufflers or go to the Commando style.I can see you like the sound.Do they look like they might be restrictive?I've heard the later mufflers are quite restrictive.If there is not much if any advantage to using the Commando style I might as well keep the stock looks of my XS2 and order the Repos from 650Direct[my bike has the wrong mufflers the previous owner].

I've been trying to decide whether to use those XS1/XS2 Repo mufflers or go to the Commando style.I can see you like the sound.Do they look like they might be restrictive?I've heard the later mufflers are quite restrictive.If there is not much if any advantage to using the Commando style I might as well keep the stock looks of my XS2 and order the Repos from 650Direct[my bike has the wrong mufflers the previous owner].

bike runs so much better i know that, the old ones were full of holes. i am running stock jetting and pods on my bs34's and the plugs are nice..... bike pulls pretty damn good. (might do a very small needle shim, like very thin to experiment) They do sound great, not intrusive, but sounds very brit bike like when you hear it. I am very happy with the purchase and the sound more importantly. I wanted the look close to stock too. These standards were and still are a very good looking bike stock. I get as many compliments as the triumph/bsa/norton boys at shows.

ha, tell me about it....If it's not the klr gettin me in trouble for short cuts its the Ducati breaking a lot of posted speed limits with a 1/8" of throttle twist.

bike runs so much better i know that, the old ones were full of holes. i am running stock jetting and pods on my bs34's and the plugs are nice..... bike pulls pretty damn good. (might do a very small needle shim, like very thin to experiment) They do sound great, not intrusive, but sounds very brit bike like when you hear it. I am very happy with the purchase and the sound more importantly. I wanted the look close to stock too. These standards were and still are a very good looking bike stock. I get as many compliments as the triumph/bsa/norton boys at shows.

I won't have my bike on the road at least until next year but I think I will go with the Repo mufflers.

This was my Uncles. He bought it brand new. My step dad put in some wrench time and kicked it down to me. I just got it running today.

Attachments

• Photo_C80ADB7B-3C2F-780E-E195-FFC671869C31.jpg
    Photo_C80ADB7B-3C2F-780E-E195-FFC671869C31.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 221
  • Photo_65A4B7AE-64E9-637D-B7B0-229D0852819E.jpg
    Photo_65A4B7AE-64E9-637D-B7B0-229D0852819E.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 222
I won't have my bike on the road at least until next year but I think I will go with the Repo mufflers.

i think youll enjoy them man.

I just scooped up a motor from a 78 that spins, front end, mags and a milk crate of parts for 350 today. Next winter i am gonna build another one. HOTROD time. Just need a frame.

i think youll enjoy them man.

I just scooped up a motor from a 78 that spins, front end, mags and a milk crate of parts for 350 today. Next winter i am gonna build another one. HOTROD time. Just need a frame.

now i was told its real quiet. haha. But the guy was on a unbaffled cb350t. Well i like the noise i hear.:laugh:

:banghead::DPicked up this 83 to brat but couldn't make myself cut her up.

Attachments

• 83 sm.jpg
    83 sm.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 187
picked up a 81 frame and 78 motor, no papers
worklng son's 81 w/p going swap parts to make one:D
next will be a roller LOL :banghead: why do people toss all the small parts and then sell it a a basket case :confused:

Attachments

• b sm.jpg
    b sm.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 158
  • both sm.jpg
    both sm.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 147
  • j sm.jpg
    j sm.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 81 fr sm.jpg
    81 fr sm.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 173
  • tk sm.jpg
    tk sm.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 149
Hey Guys, looks like a great site. This is my third bike, first XS. I have been looking for this exact bike for quite some time, 78' XS650 Special. Build will take some time but for now I am just glad to get it tuned up and some more miles down.

Attachments

• my XS.JPG
    my XS.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 235
Back