Bike belongs to Steve from Madison. Runs handles and brakes great. Pipe has a very nice sound. It's a one off in mild steel. Can't recall who made the muffler. The guy who built the pipe ground his mark back off it, because he didn't want to have to build another one! Finish is just oil sprayed on it when it's hot.
steveObike.jpeg

this has got to be one of the best XS650 exhausts I've seen yet. Looks awesome, but I'm always worried about exhaust pipes in front of the cylinder towers considering that it is supposed to be the hottest place on the motor.

Here is my vision for my bike's future.... I call her "SHE SHAKES".

I did most of these mods in Photoshop...so yeah this is just a sketch vision of what I am working on. [j]

Attachments

• i_desig1-helmet.jpg
    i_desig1-helmet.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 316
Here are pics of my 72 XS2 that i just finished putting many many hrs and $ in to to get it to look like this. It is a one owner bike that has been garaged for 15yrs. Great bike and currently for sale in the classifieds section. Here is a video also:

Attachments

• xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 246
  • xs2 1.jpg
    xs2 1.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 180
  • xs2 2.jpg
    xs2 2.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 186
  • xs2 3.jpg
    xs2 3.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 211
Here are pics of my 72 XS2 that i just finished putting many many hrs and $ in to to get it to look like this. It is a one owner bike that has been garaged for 15yrs. Great bike and currently for sale in the classifieds section. Here is a video also:
Nice work. So why're you selling such a beautiful bike?

Ive been riding it since i finished it every day and i must say that its going got be very hard to part with this one. From the ride to the thumbs up every where, man this one is nice! Frankly i bought it because i knew it had a great history and i knew i could bring it back to life again, and i truly dont want to sell it anymore but i do need the cash...

I know what you mean re the thumbs-ups. I've been riding mine since '75 and the bike's become quite a conversation piece in the past 20 or so years. Are you aware that the XS2 is part of the New York Museum of Modern Art's permanent collection of motorcycles. Most people aren't aware of that.

Anyroads, sorry you've gotta part with it, but I hope it goes to someone who'll appreciate it.
Good luck!

freddy3,
i didn't know that but that's very cool, this bike is definitely worthy of such an honor. Ill be taking it to the local vintage motorcycle rally in Venice CA this Saturday so hopefully ill attract someone there that wont want to chop it up...

Barn Find.... its been sitting in a barn for 18yrs... picked it up a few days ago.... had to get the wife one since she fell in love with mine.

kone biken.jpg

A good friend and I just did a quick trip up to the Rocky Mountains on our XS'.

1100+ kilometers in two days, with no real breakdowns or issues to speak of. We had to solder some broken wires together on my taillight, adjust our chains a few times, and both of our tach drives leaked a bit. Other wise, the bikes were awesome.

Oh yeah, I did it with the stock 36t rear. Guess what I'm ordering next week?

Jaspertrip030.jpg

Jaspertrip007-1.jpg

Jaspertrip026.jpg

I love the comparison between the two bikes. How yamaha made the bike to look (pretty well stock) and how you feel it should look. Very cool.

You must have been the smallest bikes out there. When I was in the rockies last, it was all harley big bikes (electras, road kings) and some goldwings..beautiful place to ride!

Who are you talking too?

And Charles,

If your talking about the side cover thingy I blew off the side of the engine cover doing the ton and lost half my engine oil out of..
It was just for show.

I got in touch with the previous, previous owner, who "built" the bike to what it was when I got it. He puts those silly things on all the xs' he builds. I didnt want to remove it cause then I would need to fill the holes he tapped. But It removed itself.

I ended up just scoring a new cover at the local salvage.
I think I was talking to you, Tron, but my post ended up out in left field somehow.

realgone - nice ride. Haven't done it myself yet but did head out with a bunch of guys out of Calgary on the weekend and do the Black Diamond to Turner Valley loop into the foothills. It was all good until my shifter sheered the pin and I had to suicide shift my way home :banghead: Bike is now down and out in the shop.

Back