Tron- we were almost the ONLY bikes out there, let alone smallest. Highest temperatures we saw were around 13 degrees C, coldest around 1 degree Celsius at night. No windshields, or heated vests. Just longjohns and visors. Pretty stupid, but hey, it was an adventure.

Hotrdd- You gotta do it!

gggGary- I'm the stache! It's usually waxed and primped into handlebar submission, but the cold and the wind and the Dumb and Dumber snot trails really took their toll.

realgone I was thinking you guys had that cold to the bone look, that only a motorcyclist gets!

I'll add the ride to my bucket list but first I need to get the bike dialed in and the shifter fixed. Maybe in some warmer weather, but then again in the mountains the weather changes every 5 minutes.

Took it out today and made a small video.. I just wanted to hear it from the "outside"..

IMG_1329.jpg

TXTracker for a minute there I was hoping you were going to do an ENDO when you were pulling up to the camera.

8013330974_dd6da22a89_b.jpg

fabbed a mirror/bracket today and thought I'd share. A lot of bikes from Japan have mounts like this... it's a great way to have a usable mirror without resorting to a bar end. I kinda dig it. Nevermind the broken lever..... I have a spare.

8013330974_dd6da22a89_b.jpg

fabbed a mirror/bracket today and thought I'd share. A lot of bikes from Japan have mounts like this... it's a great way to have a usable mirror without resorting to a bar end. I kinda dig it. Nevermind the broken lever..... I have a spare.

Real nice, and nice shot too. The japanees builders sure are getting the hang of building bikes and creating their own style along the way.

Just wondering if you are running a 19"mag in the rear... got another shot to share of you bike.... looks alot like a bike I can appreciate.

thanks
:D

Last edited:
Greetings from denmark
this is my xs650 from 75 still in the making
needs headlight, taillight, licenseplate mount and a trip to the saddle smith.

Attachments

• IMAG0567_opt.jpg
    IMAG0567_opt.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMAG0566_opt.jpg
    IMAG0566_opt.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMAG0564_opt.jpg
    IMAG0564_opt.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0562_opt.jpg
    IMAG0562_opt.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAG0560_opt.jpg
    IMAG0560_opt.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 289
bbillington.....

Please post some pics of your pan!

Thanks for posting the pictures bbillington.... amazing bike!

Here is a couple shots of the Pan.... its real plain and as original I could get it 15 yeras ago. I've had it since 1994.... I was just a kid when I got it.... I've almost sold it a few times but I knew I would regret it so.... I'll just hang on to it and stick to cheaper other bikes... :D

Also attached a picture of the Dneper, my winter bike, it now sports a BMW r60 motor and steel stud knob tires, its ready to run.... "just" need to sort out the electrics.... LOL.

To justify this post I will also attach the 650s.... both are witer projects, one for me one for the wife.

62 Panne.jpg

62 Panne II.jpg

Dnepr Mt9.jpg

Min xs650.jpg

kone biken.jpg

Back