Here is my 1980 custom. It's in the final fabrication stages now. This was a quick spray paint job just to get an idea of how it will look when it's finished. 200 mm tires front and back. Internal throttle and clutch. All wiring and lines hidden in the frame. Floating front fender. Strutless and adjustable rear fender. Cladded DNA springer front end. I made: The handle bars, tear drop tank to house the electrical components, seat with hidden suspension, forward controls, 2" stainless exhaust, stock fat bob tanks combined and stretched. For more pics go to chopperworks.ca. I work there part time.
DSCF7563_JPG_opt771x427o0,0s771x427.jpgDSCF7566_JPG_opt723x559o0,0s723x559.jpgDSCF7597_JPG_opt752x564o0,0s752x564.jpgDSCF7634_JPG_opt742x423o0,0s742x423.jpgIMG_0208.jpg

Last edited:
Can't decide what to do next with this slightly modified 81 SE of mine.
Don't know if I should cafe-racer it or street tracker or bobber, or leave as is and just keep changing bits n bobs as money allows, like maybe get some M-bars instead of the US Triumph style bars on it at the moment.....decisions decisions :shrug:

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Strat in the UK

Can't decide what to do next with this slightly modified 81 SE of mine.
Don't know if I should cafe-racer it or street tracker or bobber, or leave as is and just keep changing bits n bobs as money allows, like maybe get some M-bars instead of the US Triumph style bars on it at the moment.....decisions decisions :shrug:

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Strat in the UK
Cool scoot! Any pics of the headlight and how its mounted? it looks like a side mount.

Here you go Hoperator, its a cheap readily available £10 universal headlight bracket off Ebay, but its cut down from being 3 holes to 2 holes using a grinder to bring the little 5 inch Yamaha FS1e replica headlight closer to the handle bars :thumbsup:

001-3.jpg

Strat.

Here you go Hoperator, its a cheap readily available £10 universal headlight bracket off Ebay, but its cut down from being 3 holes to 2 holes using a grinder to bring the little 5 inch Yamaha FS1e replica headlight closer to the handle bars :thumbsup:

001-3.jpg

Strat.
Thanks brother! I like how close the headlight is to the forks while still being side mount. Good work!

Bought this a few months back from a guy off craigslist.

'78 Special. Original owner with 14,000 miles.

Took her home, and cleaned her up.

Then took a 1,800 mile trip down to the Redwoods the following month!

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 273
629, I like that color. That's quite the backrest! Did you run into any rain? A good traveling accessory is a wet bag (dry bag?) - the kind used for boating & kayaking. They hold a lot of stuff, keep it dry, and make for a lower profile for your gear.

Loving your work there chris. That stripped down look with the 'don't mess' tyres and the 'art-deco' paintwork... superb combination. It looks like the distilled essence of motorcycling!

Guess I'll put this here too...

8067651623_a70b5bebef_c.jpg

in case anybody is wondering...THIS is a quintensetial example of a Brtatstyle style bike. yes i'm beating that drum. I'd hate to see this style bastardized where it includes everybodies own interpretation of Bratstyle's already glorious interpretation of the motorcycle. if you want to do something different then call it something other than Bratstyle.
:banghead:

so you know, yourboychrisc, this is not directed at you. i just used you oustanding work as an sample pic.
:thumbsup:

Back