in case anybody is wondering...THIS is a quintensetial example of a Bratstyle style bike. yes i'm beating that drum. I'd hate to see this style bastardized where it includes everybodies own interpretation of Bratstyle's already glorious interpretation of the motorcycle. if you want to do something different then call it something other than Bratstyle.

Defining styles of bikes is lame imho..

I always thought people who are hooked up on definitions and rules drove cars...

in case anybody is wondering...THIS is a quintensetial example of a Brtatstyle style bike. yes i'm beating that drum. I'd hate to see this style bastardized where it includes everybodies own interpretation of Bratstyle's already glorious interpretation of the motorcycle. if you want to do something different then call it something other than Bratstyle.
:banghead:

so you know, yourboychrisc, this is not directed at you. i just used you oustanding work as an sample pic.
:thumbsup:

Defining styles of bikes is lame imho..

I always thought people who are hooked up on definitions and rules drove cars...

I just think it called evolution... not everybody want to do it like everybody else... or how the first guy did it. A Pick Up Truck from the 50 and today look very very different BUT they are still pick ups. There is always room for improvment and personalizing. Also it depends on the tools and level of skill of the builder at that time.... not to mention where in the world the bike is. Besides if you build your bike just like they are "supposed" to.... everyboudy would say you just tried to copy the other guys bikes.
There is no ® behind Brat.... :yikes:

Society has some many rules banged in our heads, some people just have to follow rules to enjoy life. Personally I enjoy doing my thing with my bikes and it woun't fit in under any category here.... but it may look more like a bobber than a tracker but there will be some chopper in there too..... LOL :D

Scare I couldn't agree with you more. I do think people categorize alittle more on the net to help people give an idea of what the thread is about and I appreciate that. but yea call it what you had in mind and f@ck it, do your thing. :bike:

PS the bike in the picture looks AMAZING!

Was going to turn my XS into a street tracker, but after a little play with paint shop on the computer I decided cafe racer was my prefered look, so I bought some clip-ons and fitted them tonight.....I'm happy and vibration is no worse than with the big handle bars:thumbsup: EDIT: moved the headlight down and made some lower brackets for the speedo, found an old mirror and adjusted the rear shocks and took some better photo's and deleted the original ones.....looks much better...even the wife said it looks cool! LOL.

009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Strat.

Last edited:
Finished the build up with alot of help from Ryan at MCW Racing a couple months ago and been a daily rider since.. couldnt be happier with the way she turned out.. what do you guys think ?

Attachments

• 2012-10-14_14-18-39_269.jpg
    2012-10-14_14-18-39_269.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 298
Snapped by our official photog at the Ace Corner / Barber Vintage Festival 2012. DO THE TON had a large presence there as part of the Ace Corner and a good number of our members attended.

DSC_4611.jpg

this is mine so far not quite finished yet wanting to paint it a diff color. I just put 16" apes on it

Attachments

• new grips.jpg
    new grips.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 228
here are some pics of my first build. they are a little old and will try to take new ones but thats pretty much what it is

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 212
Tim how long are those shocks? Brand?

I'd have to confirm, but I'm 99.9% sure they're 12.5 inches - stock length.

They're RAM shocks - Realm Engineering out of the UK. The folks there worked with me and valved/sprung them specific to my weight and the application. The front end has Race Tech springs and Gold Valves in the 35mm forks. Just put those in the Thursday night of the Barber weekend and beat the snot out of them on the backroads of Alabama :) Got it up to around 120 which was a hoot.

But I think I broke something - she's smoking out of the left a bit. Runs fine. Checked the stem seals to see if one popped off but they look like they're in place. So who knows - cracked ring maybe? Will likely pull the engine this winter and tear it down to see how it's held up since building it this spring.

http://www.realmengineering.com/page15.html

Back