bobberride3.jpg

securedownload.jpg

my design, my build, my booty! after almost two years to the day i built this baby with only spending 2770.46 to the penny. you can build anytning you want on a budget just have to be savvy. hope you guys like it. I just started a new xs that will be some ( pro street/ retro/ cafe/ laying frame) special-ness with air ride!

Love the white frame but if yours flicks oil off the chain anything like mine it won't look good for long :doh:

Great looking build, nice lines and great curves, yeah the bike too!

Also curious what the wheels and front end are off, got any detail picks of the bike???

If you got all those XS rollers for $400 I hate you guys, we wouldn't get a set of wheels for that over here!

Chooks - fantastic build. I am probably going for a white powder coat frame with white / blue tins and yours is one of the few with good pictures to clarify that decision.Your bike is a credit to you! Well done!

Love the white frame but if yours flicks oil off the chain anything like mine it won't look good for long :doh:

Great looking build, nice lines and great curves, yeah the bike too!

Also curious what the wheels and front end are off, got any detail picks of the bike???

If you got all those XS rollers for $400 I hate you guys, we wouldn't get a set of wheels for that over here!
Where did you place the "No fat chicks " sticker ? It seems to be working .

Hahah thanks guys for all of the good words. I'm working on a few leaks that I found on her today .... Can't keep the clutch cover sealed, and starter seal is leaking. Also did anyone else have a problem with the main oil return line leaking where it connects at the case, infront of the cylndrs?

Just finished it to get a few rides in before winter. But for better or for worse here it is. 1980 XS650 with an Ardcore hard tail...its not fancy or pretty, but also not 100% rat. I love it and it is a great addition to the stable. :bike:

Attachments

• IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 268
My 1980 Ive been working on for around two years.

New jugs and pistons froms mikes xs.
new vm34's (not quite dialed in yet). sputter on take off
rebuilt all brake cylinders
swing arm bearings
all except headlight are led
new tires
tracker bars
replaced both mating 1st gears. (popped out of gear under acceleration)
rebuilt forks
pod filters
Cheap rattle can flat black on tins and gloss on the frame
ported head with 3 angle valve job
TC Bros. intakes

Attachments

• CIMG3520.jpg
    CIMG3520.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 204
  • CIMG3522.jpg
    CIMG3522.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 260
  • CIMG3523.jpg
    CIMG3523.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 174
  • CIMG3521.jpg
    CIMG3521.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 178
nice brotha........Hey "lil bawbee" i see that you are in my neck of the woods.Can u point me in the direction to get an xs650 build started in our area?Thanks brotha
evilside

Back