My '81 so incredibly close to being fully complete.

-D49C-47AD-8487-466D53AE3A8C-5512-00000339C55E4A69.jpg

New tires and a bit of pipe work. Think I'm nearly done with the exception of a battery cage and a needed carb tuning, oh and those mini crashes and skid. xs650 hater scrambler

20121220_132612_zps73370f00.jpg

Last edited:
Hey UNFOCUSED-- very nice bike, I like the look of it. How did you do the swingarm?? Just a suggestion; you might want to raise the front end up an inch in the trees, these bikes get a little friendly with the street when there's much less than 1cm (4in) clearance underneath. just sayin...

Hey UNFOCUSED-- very nice bike, I like the look of it. How did you do the swingarm?? Just a suggestion; you might want to raise the front end up an inch in the trees, these bikes get a little friendly with the street when there's much less than 1cm (4in) clearance underneath. just sayin...

JR Hammer, there has been a lot of talk about my swing arm in my build thread regarding this. Mostly negitive. :shrug: LOL. I did a 4" stretch and mounted the shock on the plate added on top. You can read all about it in my Build Thread. The front was dropped 2" in the trees. As for how it will handle, I don't know. I haven't had her out yet. Snow is about to fly here in the Great White North (Toronto) so my initial ride will need to be put off till spring. I am entering it into the North American International Supershow here next week and we'll see how she does.

I am really happy with how this project has turned out. This was my first build and my buddies second. It was a lot of fun. This has been in the works for just over a year, wrenching about once a week. Now I wait for spring and take it for a blast. I'm really looking forward to that.

Thanks for your interest, and Merry Christmas!!!

any more pics? whats up with the rear brake?

Sorry for the delay, haven't been on in a while (busy getting my truck finished)
Snapped this one on my way past her this morning heading to work.
9F090DA9-FAE2-43C8-B989-FB6C84799BE5-4377-000002A0FB7A05A7.jpg

I was using a handbrake for the rear, as my ONLY brake, sketchy/dangerous/and fucking awesome. I don't live in a high volume traffic kind of town and I'm used to making quick stops so I had no problem riding like this for 2-3 months, but the bike is undergoing a few more changes before spring so MAYBE I'll reconsider this setup.

I am also riding without a seat sitting on the bare frame, because I'm skinny and can do so without my ass getting ripped off by the tire. I've burnt off a few belt loops but that's the extent of my accidents with my no rear fender zero stretch drop seat frame.

Yes I plan on mounting a seat, yes I plan on mounting a rear fender. No I don't care about any negative opinions, it's my bike and my life.
:thumbsup:

rolled it out to sweep the garage figured i might as well post day light pics..... man my yard is getting out of hand!

20121219_125930.jpg

20121219_125831.jpg

I'm liking that :) Out of interest what back tyre have you got in there?

If you think you're yard is out of hand you should try living over here, with all our rain my yard can go from bare to jungle in just a couple of weeks ;)

Sorry for the delay, haven't been on in a while (busy getting my truck finished)
Snapped this one on my way past her this morning heading to work.
9F090DA9-FAE2-43C8-B989-FB6C84799BE5-4377-000002A0FB7A05A7.jpg

I was using a handbrake for the rear, as my ONLY brake, sketchy/dangerous/and fucking awesome. I don't live in a high volume traffic kind of town and I'm used to making quick stops so I had no problem riding like this for 2-3 months, but the bike is undergoing a few more changes before spring so MAYBE I'll reconsider this setup.

I am also riding without a seat sitting on the bare frame, because I'm skinny and can do so without my ass getting ripped off by the tire. I've burnt off a few belt loops but that's the extent of my accidents with my no rear fender zero stretch drop seat frame.

Yes I plan on mounting a seat, yes I plan on mounting a rear fender. No I don't care about any negative opinions, it's my bike and my life.
:thumbsup:

You know, you would have a lot more fun riding if you had a bike you could actually ride.. Then you wouldn't have to just look at it on the way to work, you could actually ride it to work!

I'm in upstate NY, it's currently 20-30 degrees nowadays (which doesn't always stop me) but there is about a foot or so of white crap on the ground.

I'm one of few bikes still scooting around in December where I live.

(And when you have to bring large parts to work to finish your truck, it's impractical to strap them to your back and throw off the weight while trying to ride to work. I'm better off catching a ride in.)

My first build. I need to paint and mount the tank and fender and button up the electronics and controls. Maybe done this weekend.

Attachments

• Florence-20121226-00333.jpg
    Florence-20121226-00333.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 217
Back