I'd be curious as to how that springer/tube front end works out when you actually start riding it.

But all in all I like the look. Hope you finish soon.

it just make the nv400 tube 'harder' and yeap it works (bcoz the street in indonesia lot of 'trap') LOL

gggGary; i will man.. btw ur post help me a lot for learn ;p

Here's my 81 Special II. Got it bone stock, with 7800 miles from a guy at work. Rebuilt rotor and it fired right up. Typical sportster tank with Hot Rod Flatz speed green single stage urethane paint, TC Bros lane splitter bars, a West Eagle metal flake seat, lowered shocks and alot of measuring, cutting, welding, and body work on the frame and tank. A buddy of mine made the battery box. Stripped all the wiring out and I run breakers instead of fuses. The grips are some funky old 1970's Gran Turismos. I wanted to keep it just nice and simple looking.

Attachments

• DSCN0577.jpg
    DSCN0577.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Just got my winter bild off the Ramp and out of the Garage. here's a few pics.
She started out as an 82 Heritage and ended up like this. Rebuild the wheels with new hubs and fat sopkes, shopped the frame and re build the engine. 1 inch bars with internal electrics and custom loom. Bobbed rear end and seat with Firestone Chamion Delux wheels to cap it all off.

Attachments

• forum pic 1.jpg
    forum pic 1.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 445
  • forum pic 2.jpg
    forum pic 2.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 301
  • forum pic 3.jpg
    forum pic 3.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 329
Just got my winter bild off the Ramp and out of the Garage. here's a few pics.
She started out as an 82 Heritage and ended up like this. Rebuild the wheels with new hubs and fat sopkes, shopped the frame and re build the engine. 1 inch bars with internal electrics and custom loom. Bobbed rear end and seat with Firestone Chamion Delux wheels to cap it all off.

nice .. i like it . what size ,kind tires you running on that :thumbsup:

The tyres are 16x5 rear 19x4.5 front. Had to relace the front to a wider rim to take the fatter tyre. The hard part was finiding a rim that would take all the Herotage spoke...Worth it tho.
The rear shocks are from an XJ900 and lower the rear 2 inches...No clearence issues to date. I just pishes the front forks up through the yokes. May cut the springs later if i feel i want a lower front end. But looks balance for now... here's a couple more pics so that you can see the rear clearence. It works for me and I'm 84kg

The tyres are 16x5 rear 19x4.5 front. Had to relace the front to a wider rim to take the fatter tyre. The hard part was finiding a rim that would take all the Herotage spoke...Worth it tho.
The rear shocks are from an XJ900 and lower the rear 2 inches...No clearence issues to date. I just pushed the front forks up through the yokes. May cut the springs later if i feel i want a lower front end. But looks balanced for now... here's a couple more pics so that you can see the rear clearence. It works for me and I'm 84kg

Attachments

• forum pic 6.jpg
    forum pic 6.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 317
cheers mate. I just put up a thread on the build for anyone interested in the componants I used. I think its called "Heritage to Bratstyle Legend or something like that.

Burgs,
I love that wheel/tire combo! Reminds me of the HD Flathead and Knuckleheads!

Yes. thats the look I was after. 40's/50's. The old Firestones maybe dont handle but they are sure the look with powder coated rims. Thanks for the comment.

New to the forum,
so heres my first post.. a picture of my XS just gettin ready
now for her first rally of the season.
3.jpg

untitled.jpg

Issy

Heres the old girl at the "Empty the Barrell Rally", picked up best chop!!!

rally.jpg

52424_10150194019271218_701941217_7557696_440079_n.jpg

Cheers
Issy

Last edited:
First spring/summer season with my new bike... Weather have been nice for some weeks now, so I've been out for some long nice rides.

So what did I do during the autum and long winter? The bike had been neglected and left to deteriorate by PO, so first a good cleanup and lubing of ALL things. I prioritated to do as few things as possible. Just some necessary stuff and some things I couldn't ignore...

-Leaking petcock: new gasket and washer
-Leaking float bowl: adjusting float height
-Faulty gas wires: renewed
-Rough clutch: lubing the wire and adjusting the whole clutch mechanism on left hand side, including bending the short metal tube before the wire enter LH case (thanks for the tip, it worked, made the wire go easier). Clutch works much better now. Still a bit difficult to find neutral though, especially after driving for a while
-Wheels: removing rest of old lack, polishing rims (tough job)
-Seat: removing rust from pan, new rust protector paint and last Hammarite paint. Then gluing a part of the seat cover, since some of the hooks were missing on the pan wall. Worked well.
-Rear shock mounting bolts: making new threads on upper welded bolts (M9x1.25) and specially made dome nut
-Gaskets: oil sump plate, LH case and cam chain tensioner

BIG THANKS to you all at this forum for all good information, advises and tips. Learning new things every time I work with the bike. Hope to attribute with my experiencies in the future.

/Martin

Attachments

• IMG_3056_webb.jpg
    IMG_3056_webb.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3058_webb.jpg
    IMG_3058_webb.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3045_webb.jpg
    IMG_3045_webb.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 204
Addict... they are Firestones and i get them from North Hants Tyres. They are the best for all vintage rubber. I had a set of coker diamonds on Nightster wheels before I decided to re-lace the orignal hugs. They looked the nuts too. I'll dig out a pic of the Cokers

Coker diamond on Sportster wheel...Not as sweet as the re laced Heritage hub but its still a nice look I think. ( so glad i didnt stick with the flamed tank too!!! haha)

Attachments

• burgs xs 6 Coker front.jpg
    burgs xs 6 Coker front.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 272
Back