Well it's not mine but I certainly wish it was. This beauty was built by Jared at Holiday Customs and the leather work was done by New Church moto...don't know if this has been posted before as I'm new here (forgive me if it's a repost).

Bike_1_ND.jpg

Bike_2_ND-900x539.jpg

dream-900x646.jpg

I saw it on another website... pleasure to see it again. I love the crossover pipes not only for looks but because they probably increase low end torque and smooth out vibes.

That said, the bluing of the pipes so far away from the heads and not at the heads is rather odd.

Not an XS but this is the stance that I'm shooting for when I can get around to working on the XS again. It's a'69 A65 BSA with a trackmaster gas tank and just enough of everything else to run...legally. (depending on the state).:thumbsup: Fast-fun-low-loud and handles like a dream. Just in the process of doing some much needed maintenance to it.Anybody ever have to change a drive chain on one of these??? Trust me, it's not an easy job!!!

Attachments

• GEDC0605 (1024x762).jpg
    GEDC0605 (1024x762).jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 326
Not an XS but this is the stance that I'm shooting for when I can get around to working on the XS again. It's a'69 A65 BSA with a trackmaster gas tank and just enough of everything else to run...legally. (depending on the state).:thumbsup: Fast-fun-low-loud and handles like a dream. Just in the process of doing some much needed maintenance to it.Anybody ever have to change a drive chain on one of these??? Trust me, it's not an easy job!!!

What tank is that?

This is my 1980 xs. First one is in the PO's drive. The others are now:

Attachments

• 3md3o13lf5W45P25R0b4t779a51b1959c1aac.jpg
    3md3o13lf5W45P25R0b4t779a51b1959c1aac.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_5279.JPG
    IMG_5279.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5271.JPG
    IMG_5271.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5266.JPG
    IMG_5266.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5260.JPG
    IMG_5260.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 190
As much as I like the modified XS's it's refresshing to see a nice original. Yamaha nailed the design back then. I wish I had a stock one maybe with some some refreshed modern touches for safety, but still looking the way it was back then. Nice Bike!!

this is my old 79 that I sold because it wasn't a good slab bike. But it was great for everything else, and it ran so well after I put some blood sweat and tears into it. Handled nice, was very reliable. I named it "Fidel". But I sold it like a jerk. Had no room to keep it, and needed a slab bike. (i.e.a bike you can ride all day at 75-80mph). Wish I could have kept this one AND my 80 chopper. (and a slab bike too, lol)

full

at 80 mph it felt just like my old 89 Sportster 883 felt at 80 mph: vibrational, and not just not happy. 80 was pushing it. Even 75.
Sold that old 883, too for the same reason.

Since then, bikes I've had that were happy at 75/80 mph - (even @90 in the case of the first 2) - are an 87 Honda Magna, a 02 Suz SV650 and my current 07 1200 Sportster.

Sure I could have given the XS a smaller back sprocket to bring the revs down, sure I could have re-phased it to try and make it smoother...but I just didn't feel like that was the answer. :shrug:

If yours makes you happy all day, at those kinds of speeds, then that is great! I like your bike, btw. Is that a 79, too? (oops I just saw, your is a 79)

I like the XS engine best as an around town and smaller highways kind of bike. For riding in the city I actually prefer it to my 07 Sportster. But for long interstate rides... not so much, so at the time, I sold the 79 and got the SV650, which was a neat bike, but a little soul-less.

Last edited:
aaaa.jpg

aab.jpg
my 77 almost done just cant figure out this pamco it only runnin on one cylinder and carbs work good 2 they are new vm 32mm.:banghead:

Back