Let's see them pipes!

Hey Nubster, nothing special. The tank is a sportster, the rear fender is a HD front fender turned around. The frame is a stock Yamaha frame with a Black Widow tail welded on. The rear wheel is a HD with an HD brake rotor. I modified the stock Yamaha brake anchor to work with the HD rotor. The bars are just some 11" bars I found at the old salvage building in Lockport NY (That story was on this site once). The rest of the bike is just bits,and pieces I either had or made. Hope all that helps.
Hey ChopsCa, I love those flappers also. They sound great when you're at idle at a light. (clank,clank clank),and they look cool when you blip the throttle,and they open up.

Some interesting exhaust designs in here. I myself would like a scrambler styled exhaust for my XS650g cafe project I am working on.

Is there any company out there that offers a scrambler exhaust, or am I looking at having one custom crafted?

One requirement is that they cannot be straight pipes. Maine inspection law requires an expanded muffler section. I also would need to have removable baffles, so I can more easily match up the exhaust flow to my needs.

heres mine that i built

0fcfd377.jpg

If you can find just the right baffles, you can end up with a nice, broad torque curve and a really nice sound. (the reason I like the current exhaust on my Honda. Flows awesome up top, but with just enough restriction down low...)

Looking at them pipes, I imagine you'll have some great top end responce. I just hope the shortness doesn't rob you of any bottom end torque.

Back