lights dim when throttle

globalmaa

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so i changed the stock rear signals for a set of miller old style and i moved the tail/brake light to the side with a new light. removed front signals all together. my rear signals came on at first but now are so faint almost not even on and don't flash. my tail light goes dim when i open up the throttle. any suggestions???

Posted via Mobile

I might start by checking all the wiring for shorts. Running just the rear turns the stock flasher won't work, get a two prong flasher from the parts store. 522 I think.
Leo

i have the same problem with my stock 80 xs650 and i get a flicker. checking and cleaning connections haven't found it yet

well brake light works fine, just the tail light but i did replace it cause the dual bulb blew the tail light portion.The ground is connected to the light bolt on the chrome license plate bracket.

Posted via Mobile

well brake light works fine, just the tail light but i did replace it cause the dual bulb blew the tail light portion.The ground is connected to the light bolt on the chrome license plate bracket.

Posted via Mobile

What I meant was, make sure your grounds are really grounds, as in with a multimeter.

That might not be a good enough ground IIRC the bracket is rubber mounted. Try a wire to the battery minus if that fixes it you have your answer.

Back