local supermarket guy a bike nut,,,

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys well yesterday,,, i went to my small local IGA store,,,, and steve the owner ,,asked how i was,,,,i replied not to good ,,,,since casey stoner retired,,,,,,next thing is he,s taking me into the rear storage /files room ,,and he punches up the computer and up come all the fantastic nice and clear ,, pictures of the gp race at phillip island ,,,, ,,,yep he was 1 of 150 persons that got breakfast and midday dinner and drinks,,,, right next to the track over looking the best parts of the track ,,, and he,s got a top class digital camera,,,, ,,he was standing 120 metres away from stoners corner and got superb pictures of casey as well as the rest coming along and round the corner you couyld clear see the brake calibers and tires ,,, god it was impressive ,,,,,you learn something every day .. regards oldbiker

My local grocer started going on about his old Triumph. Said he was just a kid and could not afford parts for it and it rotted away. Wow, there is IGA in Austialia, and Montana both.

Can't wait for COTA next spring in Austin! Watched a bit of the F-1 race and the track looks good. should be a great weekend.

Austin is one of the most fucked up places I've ever been, but what it does have going for it is cheap tools, food, clothing, even housing. F1 racing is just additional fucked up-ness as far as I'm concerned. Really.

One immediately apparent fucked up thing about Austin is if there's a car wreck all involved parties will just keep on going if their car will move. I attribute it no insurance and/or not wanted to be deported back south of the border. You mention it to a local and they will deny that's what happens, another example.

You want to see racing, come up to Williston and watch nascar with semis. :)

Can't wait for COTA next spring in Austin! Watched a bit of the F-1 race and the track looks good. should be a great weekend.

In may next year You will see the best racing in the world at Austin when the V8's hit the track. Introduce you guys to some real racing:D

Great track, slow corners long straights and hills. Good to see the US with a real race track

Austin really needs to secede and join Europe and Australia. It would be a perfect fit.

^You follow me around this whole board. That must mean you want to suck my dick.

Can't be helped...wouldn't be a thread where some one can't follow you around.....shame most of it is wind

^If it's 101% wind it's not your concern. That's what you don't understand.

I don't generally watch any car racing, but I did watch a little of the F-1 to get a look at the track, since all the web site had up forever was a "digital lap" Be nice to see world class racing without having to go to the high desert (Miller is off the WSB schedule now) or Kalifornia. If Laguna Seca was anywhere NORMAL, it would be great. Indy is a bowl race as well.
Nascar is total ass. I rate it along with the homo-erotic soap opera: "pro" wrestling!
Redneck reality TV.
And Austin isn't the only place with that traffic behavior. I still have the dent in the right side of my truck from the "no habla" ass wipe that hit me in the rain on bald tires with no lights, and drove off as soon as he saw the phone come out.

Big headline....'Buckwild' replacing 'Jersey Shore'.

Maybe they can combine all this crap and make one reality show....the Kardasians build a chopper while cooking on an island, show

Is there a puking Smilie icon?

hi guys well yesterday,,, i went to my small local IGA store,,,, and steve the owner ,,asked how i was,,,,i replied not to good ,,,,since casey stoner retired,,,,,,next thing is he,s taking me into the rear storage /files room ,,and he punches up the computer and up come all the fantastic nice and clear ,, pictures of the gp race at phillip island ,,,, ,,,yep he was 1 of 150 persons that got breakfast and midday dinner and drinks,,,, right next to the track over looking the best parts of the track ,,, and he,s got a top class digital camera,,,, ,,he was standing 120 metres away from stoners corner and got superb pictures of casey as well as the rest coming along and round the corner you couyld clear see the brake calibers and tires ,,, god it was impressive ,,,,,you learn something every day .. regards oldbiker

Pretty cool oldbiker. In my profession as a service tech I've come to realize over the years that if you give yourself, a stranger and the spirit about 5 minutes of your time in conversation, you'll find commonality.

Back