Loctite ??

Loctite 242 is on the small bottle I have. 50 ml .. Had it for many years perhaps close to 20
Normal / Medium cannot say if is better than other But there are more permanent locking chemicals
I would stay clear from them. and Also " NO Name " brands
Look at the chemical used for the angle bar on BS34 carburetors virtually impossible to separate
I do believe it works cannot remember loosing any nut or bolt if that is applied ( a drop )

I use the medium strength blue colored stuff, #242, have for years. It's my understanding that the stronger red stuff requires heat to break it free. I never used that. I don't use it that often but one place I do is on the throttle butterfly plate screws .....

Hn7hY7T.jpg

1+ on the #242.
I use this stuff. It's a jell with a twist knob. Run it out, smear it on, twist it back in. Much better control than the liquid stuff.View attachment 203110
I have a small tube of liquid Locktite the container is red but the liquid is blue
Are we just going on the color of the liquid?

People also ask

What is the difference between red Loctite and blue Loctite?
"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px;">

[/paste:font]

Is Green Loctite stronger than red?
"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

Green loctite is meant for small bolts, will not require heat and is by far the weakest of the three. Green retaining compound is the best. If you don't want it to come apart, use the green retaining loctite. Blue is medium, red is high and green retaining is liquid concrete, and WILL need heat to remove!!Mar 15, 2011

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-12_15-10-33.gif
    upload_2021-12-12_15-10-33.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 65
  • upload_2021-12-12_15-10-33.png
    upload_2021-12-12_15-10-33.png
    240 bytes · Views: 73
I used to use red on everything but since I bought the bike I also use blue very regularly. There’s actually a shelf life for Loctite. I never paid much attention to it and like most proper, still use stuff that’s many, many years past it’s “best before date”. Might be a marketing tool to encourage you to buy more??

On my now sold Vstrom, the factory used a blue thread locking compound that required heat to break smaller fasteners loose. On the large ones you could usually “horse” them out with a lot of torque.

Back