Long starter bolt needed.

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3289.jpeg

I’m sure someone on here went through this. Where can I buy one? Used is fine if one of you have one to spare.

Both mine got trashed removing them on the SG resto.... so this is from about 4-5yrs ago, but new ones were impossible to find. Nobody had 'em.
If you want to expand your search, a 10-32 screw will work. That's what I wound up using, a 10-32 stud from Pratt & Whitney with a nut on the end.

1704052097462.png

Last edited:
Both mine got trashed removing them on the SG resto.... so this is from about 4-5yrs ago, but new ones were impossible to find. Nobody had 'em.
If you want to expand your search, a 10-32 screw will work. That's what I wound up using, a 10/32 stud from Pratt & Whitney with a nut on the end.

View attachment 258612
Yep. I saw that, and it can certainly do the job. One of the usual suspects has already come through.

I love this place!

If you want to expand your search, a 10-32 screw will work. That's what I wound up using, a 10-32 stud from Pratt & Whitney with a nut on the end.

View attachment 258612
I'm seeing the stud but where the arrows point did you re use the head off the old bolt as a flanged spacer (cut of and drilled out)

Back