Longer Axle For My 81

Byookanun

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
With using an axle mount license plate bracket from No School Choppers on my 81 with a TC Bros hardtail I need an axle that is bout a half inch longer. Any suggestions?

i think i have one that's longer, but its where my build is. should be down there this weekend. or google search for a list of axles. there is a nice list floating around on the net. the cb750 rear axle is 20mm i believe. let me know if you can wait on the axle and would like mine.

Yeah I have seen some of the lists on the net but none seem to tell the exact length, just diameter. I'm in no huge hurry and wont actually need one till the end of the month when I take my bike apart to have he frame powder coated. Let me know how long that axle is that you have. Thanks man.

i want to say its 12" was used on a hard tail project using a stock wheel, but i changed the rear wheel which was a 17mm axle. im almost positive that it'll work if you only need .5 inches of length.

My stock axle fits fine with the hardtail but its when I add the license plate bracket is when it becomes short.

yeah i understand. the axle i have to offer is not an xs axle it is longer than that. my hardtail is custom made and wider than the stock swing arm, but it is a 20mm axle. it should work. i cant remember off hand, but i want to say the stock rear axle is roughly either 10.5 inches or 11.5 iches, its been a while...

I don't think I'll need a longer axle now. I ordered some NOS XS1 chain adjusters. They are the same width as the TC Bros axle plates on the hardtail so now I won't need to use any 3/4 washers like I do with the stock adjusters.

Lol... I never asked how to mount my plate. It's mounted son and as been mounted since I built the bike.

How good is your reading comprehension?

Back