Look who followed me home

Gordon,
In my experience, those measurements can be erroneous. Frustrating, yes.
Also, I have found the EMGO chrome to be of better quality than the Bikemaster; in my experience.

Thanks dude.......I checked the EMGO site and their specs for the same part number that DK lists...... are different. You would think it would be easier. But I'll go with a set of them and hang em up with the rest if I don't like em.

TomasM....nice score and you live in a VERY nice area to ride in. Some of my favorite roads are just North of you. Looks like a pretty solid bike.....should be a lot of fun.

Gordon in NC.....just trying to get a handle on it

View attachment 105396

tank has some raw spots :(
anywhere to get some factory touchup paint?
otherwise a quick wash made huge difference
View attachment 105397
couple rusty spots on handlebars (changing) and left exhaust header...
Are downpipes stainless or chrome?
This one has been dropped on right side... crushed rear turn signal and cracked exhaust pipe.
Has nice clean oil, petcocks are on reserve, engine has compression when turning over with kickstart.
No keys yet...replacements cut by id numbers arriving next week...

Not bad for my first bike...
Previous project: BMW E30, two 2-storke engine rebuilds: jetski and outboard powerhead in a jet boat :)

looks like both brakes need full rebuild, front forks, rear shocks (are these rebuildable), new tires (front is a must)... battery, carb clean or rebuild...
turn signals and mirrors + decent euro or x2 bars...
Not bad for a first bike ? Absolutely !

Tomas, Holy Cripes! I've seen daily riders that didn't look anywhere near as nice! It shouldn't take too much for you to have that back on the road. Turn signals are easy to find on CL or Fleabay. It seems they are the first thing to go when somebody does a "chopper job". Good luck , and let us know how it turns out!

ThomasM, where in ATL are you? There's lots of stuff going on around here. Legends weekend going on right now. Get in your car and come up! I'm going as soon as I finish this cup of coffee. Sponsors have been generous for the Vintage Yamaha rally too, including Mike's XS. Come on up. You might score some parts and make new friends, like me!
IMG_20170620_201052.jpg
XSSE jpg flyer.jpg

That's a "cheater" pipe to slip on the ends of the axle wrenches (22, 27) for more leverage. The 27 will also fit the oil drain plugs.

Where in Atlanta are you? Did you get that bike from that guy that's been liquidating his old 70's and 80's bikes on CL lately? I spoke with him on the phone a few weeks ago. He's got quite the collection! I live in Grant Park, and just finished restoring a '72

Back