Looking for a car.....

My 50 year old Datsun could be used as a daily driver
Mechanically it is that reliable.
I drive it every where.
I just keep it out of the rain so it doesn't dissolve into a puddle of rust.;)
i have to much time and money invested in the restoration.
Tbis post is worthless without pics.

Normally I would never quibble with MaxPete on anything but...
In my area I see all sorts of 20-something hipster-d!ckheads bombing around in their BMW 3/5-Series (invariably black, with dingly balls and furry dice hanging down around the inside of the windscreen and very loud crappy rap music blaring) ..
Pete
Really Pete is there any other kind of rap music?
Carry on...

Maybe this will soothe your orbs
73_jaguar_xke_roadster_160804752804b64dbb6IMG_7668.jpg

just sold on bring a trailer for 69K USD
I had a chance and almost bought one of these back in my 20's for a Lot Less
But come to think of it I Made a Lot Less too
Thank God for Broads and Beer or I might have bought it and could never have been able to afford to keep it on the road

In 2010 bought a 2006 Miata MX5 with 44,000 km on it (about 27,000 miles) and it now has about 168,000 km (around 104,000 miles) and I have never laid a wrench anywhere on it except to change the oil. Now, granted I remove the battery every winter when it goes into storage in December - but every spring, I plop the battery back in and go - no worries at all. I have several friends who drive their Miatas all winter and (ground clearance aside), they seem to have no reliability issues at all.
Update.. cuz I just know you guys are "concerned" about my Miata snowy Christmas trip.
Didn't go home. Instead 240 more miles from Eastern WA into Central Oregon to deliver gifts. Pretty scary being so low passing rock tossing trucks in the slush lane. (Eyes closed) :lmao:
The 08 Miata works flawlessly, every switch, interior light, button etc., above the mechanical ability of the car is just Japanese impressive! Saw many miles of wide open back country highway travels. Pics-
20201226_151542.jpg

Anyway, I think the snowy weather is over and now its just all those damn rocks they dump on the roads.. :(
I'd say if you can fit into a Miata, try one
-R

Attachments

• 20201226_151610.jpg
    20201226_151610.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20201226_151635.jpg
    20201226_151635.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 20201225_180455.jpg
    20201225_180455.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 20201225_180031.jpg
    20201225_180031.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 145
Skateboard.jpg Had a MG Midget.. fun fun fun car.... kind of scary on the freeway.... saw a lot of....Peterbilt lugs nuts .... if the passenger window crank was at 11:00 .. you couldn't open the glove box... get'n in to the car.. ok.. get'n out... not .. ok. So step'd up to a 04' Mustang rag top.. nice car. Except.. insurance was a killer.. ask'd my agent.. why more then our new Kia Soul and the Ford Ranger ( all full coverage )... agent replied.... "..because it's a sports car ".... what, V-6 auto... sports car ?... Picked up the Pontiac.... fun car... 4 cyl with slush box.... unlike the MG everything on the dash.. works. The only issue is... if you put the top down.... forget about. .luggage.

I don't know much about cars and even less about the US car market
But the Mustang convertible I would assume will rise in price.
If one find the right one. Without rust .Now which one is that ...large engine can be hard to sell if the gas prices skyrockets But on he other hand if is high powered someone wants it.

I had a jaw drop a year ago .A Friend rides in old Mercedes Benz. Cars
Now he bought a 500 E .Its regarded as managers car .And don't show much on the outside
385 Hp --Stock ... 6 or 7 step automatic. He says it is seldom he put the pedal down but it happens
Showing the rear lights to pretty much anyone including the winter tuners
Youngsters in BMW
There is an older version 500 E but that is already a Collectors car.
My friend says it happens he gets telephone calls and written questions from Auto companies if he is interested to sell.
I believe it is the large engine that makes it attractive. Rumor has it that it is i sought after in former Eastern Block.

What about Camaros I like the styling of the 4 th generation. Convertible Slanting window and a bit
High and Broad in the back
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Camaro_(fourth_generation)

I don't know the prices or quality ..But a fine paint-job polish and some rims

330px-1997_Camaro_Z28.jpg

Out with the elbow -- Summer night cruising -- Lady beside
Prime time life.
I don't think those will loose value either.

Ask any Toyota / Honda / Mazda / Subaru owner and you'll likely find the same thing. What the cars may lack in drama and soul, they more than make up in dependability and economy of maintenance and repairs.
True, dat. I had an '89 Toyota Carina that I ran for a decade or so, with no drama or fuss. It just went, reliable as a rock. First thing I noticed about it was how well put together the trim was, and how carefully the wiring loom was held in place (along with decent connectors). Of course, the only places where neither of those things were true were where some bodge-artist of a PO had fecked around with stuff and never put it back properly. I soon sorted those back to the condition they should have been.
It was more than a decade old when I bought it, and drove like a two year old car - based on that experience and from what I've seen of others' Toyotas, my next car for general running around will probably be a Yaris because of the swinging car tax levied annually here. A 1000cc Yaris is cheap to run, tax, and insure, and will go well enough to keep me happy.
For fun driving, I'm looking at the Scimitar, and the options for what to put under the bonnet.

Following, maybe you should rename this the late life toyz thread since many of the guys doing this dance are mid 60's or "further along" and starting to think about the end of motorcycling coming up. - - -

Hi Gary,
that'd be me, turned 83 last August. Kept myself riding this past decade by adding a third wheel to my XS650
650 sa rig 1.JPG

There’s no doubt about it - those old Jags, Triumphs and MGs certainly had style.

Back