Looking for ADVICE AND TIPS....

LTR-XS650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone! Im a newby. Just bought 2 XS650's a 79 and 81 i believe. id like to do a bobber first then tracker later. PLEASE pass your advice on do's and dont's when starting out. I do want to hard-tail! Anything that you all would recommend me doing anything that comes to mind knowing this will be my first build. I have mech and fab ability and im sure i WILL learn the ins and outs on the XS 650. Anyways please hit me up and look FWD to meeting a picking all of your brains! im in CA by the way:cheers:

I would get one running in near stock condition to learn the ins and outs of the 650. Then build the other one. When that's done, you can do the 1st one up. Tear them both all apart and you'll probably get nowhere fast.

I would get one running in near stock condition to learn the ins and outs of the 650. Then build the other one. When that's done, you can do the 1st one up. Tear them both all apart and you'll probably get nowhere fast.

Good point Guru.. thanks for the response! One runs the other needs work. It has compression so far so im going to take your advice and start with that one.

Back