Looking for advice

My advice is to get a shop manual. They can be downloaded and printed for free (sorry, I don't have the linky - but someone will).

All manuals and models are in the sticky on the garage page................see it every day if you look through the garage...........

Skull to your post is take some pics but the bike is at my garage and haven’t been able to get there because or work but I’ll pay some when I get there but your diagram is what is on the bike a single condenser with two green wires coming out of it in to two coils under the tank.I think I worked it wrong when I wrote it my questions should I have two separate condensers going to two different coils meanin that I would have four wires two wires from each condenser or just on.Also I haven’t cut the frame yet somebody allready has cut the frame so if I decide I wanted to know if they still made a brat weld on kit and not the master craft I don’t like the look of it thanks for the response

I also have yet another question all the wiring digrama I see done at match what I have on my stator I have a blue wire on there also what does that go to I see all the other wires and where they go but I haven’t seen anything with a blue coming out of the stator thanks Chris

your diagram is what is on the bike a single condenser with two green wires coming out of it in to two coils under the tank.I think I worked it wrong when I wrote it my questions should I have two separate condensers going to two different coils meanin that I would have four wires two wires from each condenser

.......very, very seldom will you find the XS650 condenser pac has been broken up. They look to be one condenser with one wire that divides into two pigtails..

the one wire could be 2 wires in a sleeve...........Or it may be 2 separate wires.

I'd get it running... prior to tossing money and parts that may not be needed... and yes.. do not chop.. bob... cafe.. the bike.

Condensers only have one wire and are case grounded, if your condenser has two wires you have two condensers in a common case/bracket.

Thanks rustic also what does the blue wire on the stator go to I’ve seen a bunch of wiring diagrams and been studying them but don’t see nothing about the blue wire thanks

Re. carb boots for BS34: ARS manufactured the original items, which have held up to 10% ethanol fuel for decades. ARS boots are still sold under the Tour Max label, available from 650 Central or any shop with a K&L Supply catalogue. ARS boots have vacuum barbs which are useful for connecting a manometer, but you'd need matching metal shrouds for support, and those are hard to come by. JBM boots are made for use without shrouds but have no vacuum barbs. 1977 was a good year for BS38 carbies and if yours are anywhere near saving you might consider rebuilding them or sending them to Oldskool Carbs for a rebuild: search the Shops forum for contact information. Read the Carb Guide (linked in the Tech section) and kopcicle's thread, "carburettors from the grave...." And if you have the OE airbox, I'd strongly recommend that you use it.

Back