Wanted - looking for cheap original 650,,,,

Hairic

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello let me first say that I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.... But now let me say that I am new to the xs, But I am already deeply obsessed with them, but I can not seem to find one around my area for a decent price, So If there is any one selling one that will ship it please let me know, I would like it to be original becuase i would like to do the work myself, I am looking to spend 600-1000 on the original bike I live in southwest ks let me know if you have anything because I am looking to buy a.s.a.p Thank you, pics would also be nice...

Also would be willing to buy a non original that needs some work, or is just fairly cheap....

Last edited:
How much of a project? I have '75 xs650 ( actually have 2, want to keep one) no title, bought for parts/build something. I would consider selling one. I could send some photos email, but would be a few days.

Good luck, there isnt any such thing anymore...maybe a cheap much later 650 might be do-able..........

Lol well I have one Im considering just dont know if I want to spend a grand on it.... and my wifes grandpa might just have one but he wont get back ahold of me so its putting a holt on my build

A grand is pretty reasonable. I have a 1983 barn find with no compression on one side that doesn't run and has been sitting for 15 years and I turned down $800.

well i think i might have to go ahead and get this one then... If my wifes grandpa does infact have one then i guess ill have two...

I have an all original 73 that needs cables, a chain, a seat, and some love. Has a good Kansas title. Everything is there for the most part, but the above items need to be replaced that I know of. Motor has good compression. I was going to put it up for $800. Its the blue and gold version of that year.

Edit: Just a heads up to anyone reading, I'm getting ready to sell 5 or 6 bikes with titles w/ good motors over the next month or so. I will also be posting a bunch of XS650 parts and motors. The real estate in my office shop has become more important then these bikes and I need to focus more on the family business these days.

I have an all original 73 that needs cables, a chain, a seat, and some love. Has a good Kansas title. Everything is there for the most part, but the above items need to be replaced that I know of. Motor has good compression. I was going to put it up for $800. Its the blue and gold version of that year.

Edit: Just a heads up to anyone reading, I'm getting ready to sell 5 or 6 bikes with titles w/ good motors over the next month or so. I will also be posting a bunch of XS650 parts and motors. The real estate in my office shop has become more important then these bikes and I need to focus more on the family business these days.

I might be interested.... The one you have for sale now for 800, Can i get some pictures please? erictgray@hotmail.com or 620/nine5two/0four8zero... let me know thanks

$800 Clear Kansas Title, motor has compression. I've never touch it. Comes with a nice layer of vintage dust...

From what I can see it needs: New Seat, I have a bunch of mufflers you can choose from if you wish to, new cables, carb cleaning, plug wires, rear brake actuator rod . There are two decent dents in the tank, one you can see on the side and one on the top. They can be pulled since they don't have sharp edges. This is one the desirable motors with compression release. If you want to pass, I'll be putting it up on the board, then CL. I'd like to have forum members get first shot.

403382431.jpg

403382432.jpg

Back